Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Removing grips from head oval shaped ski poles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a pair of head ski poles that I want to shorten .
The shaft is oval shaped , the pole seems to be a match for i magnums .

I contacted Head and they say there is no screw , they are glued on and therefore heating them should loosen the glue .

I have tried boiling the handles three times now . Each time increasing the boiling time ( I’m up to 25 mins now )

No amount of boiling seems to loosen the glue .
I am pulling with all my strength and they are not budging . The shafts are oval so I can’t twist them .

Any one removed a handle /grip from head poles ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to the forum @Nsnk,

You need to try them from the opposite end of the grips and, in effect, push them off .

Pulling them contracts the grip around the pole, whereas pushing them tries to expand the grip and releases them.

You can also try with a hole made in a piece of wood, pass the pole through it until it meets the grip, put your feet against the wood and pull the poles for all you're worth.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

You can also try with a hole made in a piece of wood, pass the pole through it until it meets the grip, put your feet against the wood and pull the poles for all you're worth

Shocked Shocked Shocked
With the hopefully obvious precaution of making sure you are not going to do this towards your chest, head, or anything else you don't want a sharpened ski pole embedded in!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Quote:

You can also try with a hole made in a piece of wood, pass the pole through it until it meets the grip, put your feet against the wood and pull the poles for all you're worth

Shocked Shocked Shocked
With the hopefully obvious precaution of making sure you are not going to do this towards your chest, head, or anything else you don't want a sharpened ski pole embedded in!

I’ll like to see you explaining that in A&E.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Nsnk, Check out Golf Club grip removal videos -- might help, such as this one

http://youtube.com/v/EaIPVOFjzCY
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ster wrote:
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Quote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Yep, I could see the problem in trying to categorize that on the A+E std response form Very Happy

But in a similar way, I make sure I'm not still under a car when lowering the Jack after changing a wheel, and make sure my fingers aren't in front of circular saw when cutting. Common sense innit Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Best not do it naked either then...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy