Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cost of adding a bag after booking on ryanair

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All.

Weird one here..... (not me the Q?) Happy

I have a cabin booked in Norway at the end of April (free) for skiing. I have 3 options depending on the weather.

If there is Skiing then I can...
A) Book in a hold bag for my boots and helmet and spare clothes for 3 days Cost is £15 but I'd need to hire skis at £50 Sad
B) Take hand luggage with my boots in it +underwear and have T-shirts/socks etc wrapped around my Skis/poles/helmet etc in the Skibag. IE no hold bag and at a cost of £40. Therefore cheaper than option A)

If there is no snow then
C) Simply take basic clothes in hand luggage. However, if I have booked in bags in option A or B then I've wasted cash.

I'd like to book only hand luggage (option C) and add a bag later (eg a few days before checkin using "manage my booking") if there is good snow. However, I cant see on the Ryanair site if there is a fee over and above the cost of the bag. Eg to change a name they charge £100. I dont want to do option C then find out adding a skibag at £40 after booking also incurs a £50 handling fee Happy. Unfortunately it seems you can only get the price via "mange my booking" after I have booked.

Any snowHead done this before and also recently. You know how they change things all the time.

Cheers
Bob
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
see the bank for a remortgage in the morning Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
daehwons, Good one, How much Equity do I need?

Cheers
Bob
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I believe they just charge the cost of adding the bag. Don't think there's an amendment fee as you're buying more stuff from them!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm sure you can add luggage later as I seem to recall adding a hold case last year for my trip to saalbach. I know easyjet let you add on afthernoon booking as I have just added my skis to my current trip to lech.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I always book just a basic tickets with Ryanair if I see a bargain price. No bag, no skis etc.

If I know for 100% I will use the ticket then I just go to Manage My Booking and add bag/pair of skis.
NO extra charge for adding those after - you will just pay the same as you would pay when booking the the ticket at first place.
100%. Done this many times.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
By the way it is now 15£ for checked bag and 40£ for skis - each way.
For a return trip you will pay 30£+£80 for skis. An ABSOLUTE rip offffffffff !!!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
THanks carled, daveqpr, Tom W, I'll go and book now.

Cheers
Bob
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tom W wrote:
By the way it is now 15£ for checked bag and 40£ for skis - each way.
For a return trip you will pay 30£+£80 for skis. An ABSOLUTE rip offffffffff !!!!!

Nope. *only* (ahem!) £80. You don't need to pay for checked baggage to take skis. I just got off a flight less than 24 hours ago with Ryanair after booking snowboard bag only. (and in Grenoble on return, I had to shift stuff out of bag into hand luggage as my board bag was 22.8 kg, whereas a friend's bag (different check in desk) was 23.5kg and he wasn't pinged at all.)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
carled, well yes, you dont have to. If you can fit enough in your ski bag.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tom W, I could have fitted in a whole lot more... I ran out of weight allowance before I ran out of bag space!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm only going one way.
Coming back with norwegian air.

THe experiance was so much simpler with them.

Flight £35 all inclusive of tax/checking in. The annoying thing with RA is they charge for this even when there is no alternative. They do charge a credit card fee but only one. They do charge ofr skis but only £20.

Although the seem to cost the same all inclusive as Ryanair, somehow you dont feel ripped off. Also since RA have stopped flying from Prestwick and no mon or tues flights from Edinburgh I'll be using Norwegian for my return flights from now on.

cheers
bob
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy