Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

State of Elevenate sale on SportPursuit

Poster: A snowHead
There’s some high quality gear going at knock down prices. Especially the women’s stuff. Just decked the Mrs out in the Bec de Rosses range for next season.
https://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/elevenate-mar20?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=w-sp.e-daily_sales.d-20200328.st-UK_EU.a-15_Sales_Saturday_IP2.%20%281%29

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 10-02-22 5:47; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My OH loves that gear as well, and has ordered yet more - think the people behind it are local to you in Verbier?

She loves her gear and doesn't seem to buy any normal clothes any more, not bad for the Ex Fashion Director of Tatler !
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Seems so from the names of the gear ranges. Seen it at astronomical prices in Verbier. Never tried but reviews are good and at 66% off its good value...

http://youtube.com/v/Yy4Dd4OSgrQ
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers @BobinCH, I’ve had my eye on one of their jackets for a while, so that’s a bonus snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They've been advertising sale on Facebook for a while, there's a wooly hoody that I really like, the "Argentiere" , tried one on in Kitzbuhel but baulked at the price €200 ..
The price it's advertised at is much more appealing, except it's almost entirely out of stock in XL .

I keep commenting on their posts to this effect, but they keep deleting my comments.

Keeps me busy during the lockdown I suppose.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@BobinCH, they're Scandis living based in Verbier I seem to recall, good friends of a Scandi friend here, think if you looks at the main site and their "About Us".

I think the women's designs are better than the men's but that's just my POV.

First-class quality in the flesh as it were.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Do you have to open an account with them to browse their website?

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 28-03-20 20:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@davidof, yes think you do. It's all ok though, nothing sinister.

And good to browse just don't do it pissed as you might end up buying too much gear that you don't need Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Weathercam, thanks
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
davidof wrote:
Do you have to open an account with them to browse their website?

It’s worth it for a skier/cyclist. They spam you most days but that’s what got my attention to the Elevenate sale. Also got a cheap Kask helmet and Rapha bib shorts from them
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Millsy will be able to apply to take her BASI Colour Coordination module with all that kit...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The people behind the brand are swedes living in are. They are a couple. They used to live in Verbier where Jimmy Oden was a well known mountain guide. He has also written a freeskiing book.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sun 29-03-20 7:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Millsy will be able to apply to take her BASI Colour Coordination module with all that kit...

Next step Bogner Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for that, mrs endo shall be decked out in some of that next year also, went for the Zermatt set. She did see a Bogner on S&R but I saved her from it!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I got some of their kit from Sport Conrad in their sales a couple of seasons ago. Even cheaper than SportPursuit so it still pays to shop around.

Nice looking kit, but they seem to have made the reinforcement patches on the lower leg out of cheese. Now shopping for anti-cut fabric to cover it.
latest report
Used SP a few times 2-3 years ago but got fed up with their constant bombardment by email and social media adverts. They seemed (at that time anyway) to have lots of apparently up and coming brands but very little stuff that I actually wanted to buy.

Like you @Mosha Marc, I tend to buy from SC (and other German websites) if I want anything, or more likely when we do our summer hiking trips to the Alps when stuff is generally 50-70% off RRP and they sell everything off.

Must admit that the Elevenate stuff looks pretty good, that said it'll be a long time until buying winter sports gear is on my to-do list.
ski holidays
@Mosha Marc, @Markymark29, i use both. SC usually in the November Black Friday sale for the stuff I really want for the upcoming season - got new skis/bindings for the family and my Norrona gear at circa 30% off last Nov. SP is more sporadic when something pops up that looks interesting - just bought some Rapha bib shorts and gloves, Kask helmet, merino base layer at 50% off and 66% for that Elevenate gear.
latest report
Weathercam wrote:
@davidof, yes think you do. It's all ok though, nothing sinister.

And good to browse just don't do it pissed as you might end up buying too much gear that you don't need Laughing
Unfortunately I’ve done that one too many times with their Arc’Teryx sample sales they do...
latest report
Also Norrona Outlet, my/ our favourite brand.@BobinCH,
ski holidays
Woosh wrote:
The people behind the brand are swedes living in are. They are a couple. They used to live in Verbier where Jimmy Oden was a well known mountain guide. He has also written a freeskiing book.

Jimmy Odens book is brilliant.
The ski bums bible from back in the day
latest report
I managed to avoid ( for once) the Arcteryx stuff on SP, but after ordering Mrs endo the elevenate stuff, I seem to have clicked on a down jacket for myself. You are bad people!
snow report
@BobinCH, damn you and your constant re-gearing...I didn't think I needed a shell jacket...but...well I can always send it back I suppose
snow report
rungsp wrote:
@BobinCH, damn you and your constant re-gearing...I didn't think I needed a shell jacket...but...well I can always send it back I suppose

Happy to be of service Very Happy Nothing for the ladies of the family?
ski holidays
@Haggis_Trap, i agree. Great book. I tried to book him several times, but he was always busy.

The clothes are great. I have used elevenate for 7 years know, and the bec de rosses jackets and pants are perfect for all kinds of mountain activities.
snow conditions
Bought the ladies Zermatt Aqua Blue jacket for the OH on the say so here, so it better be as good as you all say at even with the discount its more £ than all our other jackets! Too good for me no doubt.
snow conditions
I got a Backside shell jacket...delivered yesterday.
Quality is excellent...but

Size is HUGE.
Huger than HUGE...I mean really, really HUUUGE!

I am about 185cm tall, 85 kg...normally an XL in most clothing, especially ski gear.

The arms were so long that even with my fingers extended they were about 10cm away from appearing out of the sleeves!
There was room in the body for my wife to squeeze in with me!

I sent it back and asked for a smaller size.
latest report
@rungsp, opposite for me recently, ordered some RAB summer gear Inc trousers and shorts at 32" which is what size I have with other RAB waists though need to get down to more of my summer fighting weight.

Trousers are fine but shorts I reckon are more like 30 even though they're all labelled up the same as trousers.

Gave them to a tiny friend to try as sending back from France in current lock down a real pain, and still too small for him!

Now my OH is wearing them and she's a tiny size 8 !

At least I don't now have to send them back Laughing
snow report
@rungsp, XL Shocked At 180cm and 85kg’s I get medium in the Scandi brands. An XL Viking is quite a sight!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
They’ve just listed some Blizzard and Nordic’s skis too
https://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/nordica-blizzard-apr20?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=w-sp.e-daily_sales.d-20200411.st-UK_EU.a-15_Sales_Saturday_PW_IP2.%20%281%29
latest report
@BobinCH, Sue thought that the jacket was designed to be worn over a backpack with a contingency amount of room for an avi-bag deployment!
snow report
I didn't go for one as the size guide suggests a xxl wouldn't be big enough for me, perhaps I should try one.
ski holidays
rungsp wrote:
I got a Backside shell jacket...delivered yesterday.
Quality is excellent...but

Size is HUGE.
Huger than HUGE...I mean really, really HUUUGE!

I am about 185cm tall, 85 kg...normally an XL in most clothing, especially ski gear.

The arms were so long that even with my fingers extended they were about 10cm away from appearing out of the sleeves!
There was room in the body for my wife to squeeze in with me!

I sent it back and asked for a smaller size.

Hopefully it's not rude to ask, Madeye-Smiley but could you indicate your chest size? We are trying to size one for our son as they seem a good deal currently.

Thanks in anticipation.
latest report
44 inch suits etc@ski3, not rude at all

As I wrote the xl body was huge, and the arms absurdly long.

Ideal fit for an NFL player in full kit!
latest report
Ours arrived today. mrs endo jacket and trousers in size S, fit spot on, mine a down hoodie in M, again spot on. Impressed with all of it.
latest report
My Creblet jacket turned up yesterday (XL) fit is spot on for me, having read some of the above posts i was getting ready to return it before it had even been delivered! i wonder if there's a variation between different models?

My stats are 176 cm tall 80kg and about 45" chest fairly athletic build, arm length is fine i wouldn't fit in a large ! Laughing and the build quality looks very good might just be a while before i get to try it out though!
ski holidays
Amex has £10 back on £100 if it shows as one your offers
ski holidays
The ladies Zermatt Aqua Blue jacket turned up . Sized ok in the end, not too long in the body and a slim fit, but the arms are quite long. Any bigger a size and her hands wouldn't come out the ends of the sleeves. Decent jacket and build quality, lots of pockets. But I don't know if they are worth their rather high full retail , we'll see when it's used in anger I guess.
snow conditions
Looks like they’ve restocked for anyone interested who missed out first time round
https://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/elevenate-apr20?p=2
latest report
Well, my BlackDiamond skins finally turned up yesterday and all good, so that was a very good deal.

Think I'll now wait till next season before fitting them, though I have not given up on one last hurrah just yet, but it's getting pretty bleak.
snow report
Some good deals on Klattermusen too - with a 50% discount, they become merely expensive (as opposed to "eyewateringly expensive")
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy