Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How long from Glasgow to Glenshee

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All.

Okay silly Q?

How long does it take from Glasgow to Glenshee.

The AA routeplanner says 2.5 hours is that about right? Wondering whether to give it a go ther for the 1st time or go to Glencoe.

cheers
bob
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds about right provided the roads ok
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Assuming early morning departure 2 hours easy. I do Perth to Glenshee in 50/55 minutes provided its before 8am when i leave. Glasgow to Perth is about 60 miles mostly dual, so about an hour, if leaving before 7am. However if you are half an hour later leaving Glasgow then probably 45 minutes longer in total.
It is worth looking at a map and learning the route from the Perth bypass up the A9 to Luncarty then through Stanley and then to Kinclaven where you join the A93 Blairgowrie road. At busy times this will save you 30 minutes getting through Perth, even though these are twisty country roads.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Top tips guys.

I'm okay with the back roads so I'll do that. Used to work in Aberdeen Uni and coming home to Glasgow came off at Forfar MacDonalds and down via cuper.

I'll check out the Luncarty route.

My Wife just remionded me about the A80 probs so looks like I'llwait till I see the traffic report on Sat morn.

cheers
bob
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
glasgowcyclops, if you are leaving early in the morning and arrive at perth around 7am . head straight into Perth , and follow the road all the way into town , you will hit the Queens Bridge , cross that and take a left at the traffic lights , stright across the next traffic lights , at the next traffic lights fork left , this is the A93
Rd to Blarigowrie , just hope that the police sign is not flashing saying the snow Gates are shut at the Spittall. this is much qucker at that time of day. Evena on a work day
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Remember the roadworks at what's it called ... Cumbernauld. They slowed me up for 45 minutes last Wedesday a.m. but still got to Glenshee from Moffat in about 3hrs30mins. Glenshee made a change but Glencoe is nicer though. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
glasgowcyclops, do what Scot_Ski says if you are going to go. Best route IMO (did it quite a few times last year). Takes me a bit longer because of the Balloch-->Stirling road. Just go to Glencoe Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yep Glencoe iot is this Saturday. Road works at Cumbernauld are the killer.

I've been on the route through Perth so I know that road. THanks for the info folks.

Anyone going to Glencoe? I'll post on the other thread.

My Gear is

Sundown goggles (big letters on goggle strrap
Black Demon Helmet
Chocolate Brown Moah Snowboard type jacket
Black Columbia Titanium trousers
Red Lange boots
Rossignol Zenith 10's http://www.theskistop.com/perfect-ride/equipment/z10.html
Say hello Happy

Cheers
Bob
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy