Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oakley Persimmon or High Intensity Yellow for when it's snowing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone compared Persimmon and High Intensity Yellow lenses on Oakley goggles for when it's snowing or even a white out?

I need to get one of these lenses for an existing pair of goggles.

I've used Persimmon before but never the HI Yellow.

The HI Yellow let's in more light, but it's more expensive because it has an Iridium coating on it.

What do you reckon?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi

Ive got Hi VIZ yellow for flat light/snow days for my A-frames and Black Iridium for sunny days and also a spare a-frame with VR28 lens in the back pack, My wife has Pink Irriduim and i can tell you that the HI Viz yellow is a lot better for flat light days than hers.

the hi viz yellow lens gets the most use out of any 3 lens i own, even on sunny ish days its ok, obvously when it's really sunny its a bit dazzling and thats when i swap lens's or grab the spare goggles out of the back pack. If its a blue bird day i go with the black Iridium from the off set, but as i said the Hi viz has deffo seen the most use over the last few seasons.

In a total white out i still found it better than the naked eye, but flat light days or very snowey days is where it shines.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
H.I Yellow is very good. Funnily enough, I switched to Pink Iridium and prefer them. Have Black Iridum goggles too which are definitely useable when there is no light.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I used persimmon, until they got scratched (don't let the kids play with goggles). I replaced them with HI yellow. WOW, what a difference. They improve the visibility in poor light. I was shocked and stunned by how good they are.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I just bought Hi-Yellow and have used them for a week. Hard to say what they're like compared to Persimmon, but I used them along with a Black Iridium lens and found I could manage with pretty much any light level. The hi-yellows were brilliant when I was skiing in cloud with snow falling!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I use VR28 for most light find they do it all except super-bright days. Just switched a couple of weeks ago to pink irid for bad vis and they work great.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Yellow for bad viz, Black Iridium for sun. I've got persimmon on another set of goggles, and they're good all rounders, but not perfect for extremes.

I think 5 minutes of using hi yellow on a sunny day would give me a migraine.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have black iridium and persimmon. I've got to say I rarely use the persimmon any more, as the BI is quite fine in low light, so I cannot be bothered to fiddle around swapping lenses.

Also, on my A-Frames, repeated swapping does cause the rim and locating lugs to loosen up and go slightly wonky.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So does anybody have the hi yellow lenses and use them happily in bright sunshine? Currently I use Persimmon in every condition and don't want to switch goggles or lenses,
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nessy, they hurt my eyes in bright sunshine. Making everything look 'brighter' is what they do very well...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I just bought a spare pair of A Frames in the sales with an iridium lens for brighter conditions. Up till then I'd used the Persimmion for 3 years for every condition.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy