Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Probablly in the wrong topic but here goes....We

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Myself and the wife are just back from a great week in Mayrhofen (queues aside) and we want to head off again for a long weekend in March (we don't mind flying on St Patricks Day....how unpatriotic of us, I know) so heres the thing folks......flying out of Dublin on the 17th of March and returning the Sunday (21st) where would be best for us to head to???....within reason of course, but it doesn't have to be uber-cheap either.

On yer marks......get set.....GO!!!

(thanks in advance)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Le Corbier
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dazman, which airport are you flying to ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dazman, You really need to find somewhere; fairly close to an airport you can get to from Dublin (a long transfer isn't ideal for a short break) and where you can find accommodation which will take a Thursday to Sunday booking (not always the case). I've only done similar trips via Grenoble to Alpe D'Huez and Les Deux Alpes but there must be loads more possibilities.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've flown to both Grenoble and Geneva extremely cheaply (but not at peak times). Either of those would work, hire a car, drive to AdH, L2A, even 3V or Tarentaise from Grenoble, or from Geneva try PdS, Flaine, St Gervais/Megeve etc
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dazman, can you fly to Zurich with Aer Lingus? Davos works well for short breaks if so
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You want somewhere served by a nearby airport which does late evening flights back, so that you can ski the whole day before leaving. An early flight out would also give you a half day on arriving. That would give you 4 1/2 days skiing.
Easyjet do that London / Geneva but I don't know about Dublin.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fly to Innsbruck, choose between Mayrhofen, St Anton, Ischgl, Kitzbuhel, SkiWelt (Westendorf is the best base here) or plenty of other resorts within an hour transfer.

Or fly to Salzburg and go to Saalbach or Lofer.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
clarky999, How much did the Westendorf tourist board pay you?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dazman, I've been in St Anton a couple of times during the St Patricks 'week' and there's usually a fair few of you, which adds to the already electric/pissed atmosphere (not than I'm suggesting Irish drink of course wink , said the Scotsman Shocked ). Only problem is that you will really struggle to get a long weekend in St Anton as they normally only do Sat to Sat
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dazman, Salzburg - Obertauern, very short transfer time and costs, guaranteed snow.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy