Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet refund

Poster: A snowHead
Hello Gang

Does anybody have any experience of getting a refund out of Easyjet?

3 of us were due to fly from Manchester to Geneva 10.01.2010 but the flight was cancelled, as we were only going for 3 nights the trip was abandoned.

I have followed instructions on their website as to how to claim a refund but as yet I’ve had, no refund, no response to the claim or any of the subsequent emails that I’ve sent.

I was just wondering if this was the norm or am I being given the “run around”?!

I have tried to call them but after hanging on for 47 minutes I lost the will to live & hung up!

Cheers,
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Send them a recorded delivery letter. You are only entitled to the cost of the flight tickets, not the cost of the holiday.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lucan, We had to abandon a trip last year for similar reasons. We were given a phone number at the airport and one quick call and the money was credited back to our account within three or four days. Sounds like its time to start making a fuss! As far as I recall we were told that the only way to get the refund was to phone up, it couldn't be done via the website.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lucan, try easyjet@mailnj.custhelp.com . I've just had an email from them regarding flight cancelled refunds.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am currently trying to reclaim 250 Euro compensation each under EC regulation EC No 261/2004 for a flight that was delayed 24 hours. They said they were busy but would get back to me - thats a month ago.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
They have regulators and authorities that manage how they do business.

Suggest copying somebody at one of those organisations on your e-mail.

Failing that, a summons to a court somewhere often focuses the mind of shabby customer services, when you have to go and ask the lawyers to help in any company you know the feedback is likely to be blunt. Not sure if this is small claims court stuff, but they certainly won't bother turning up to contest it in your local court when they are bang to rights under well tested legislation. Plus the potential media impact if they got silly over it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all of the advice gang.

I've perservered with the telephone option & after hanging on for 25 minutes I got through. I gave the booking ref & flight No and they confirmed that yes, our flight had been cancelled, just incase I didn't already know.

I was then asked "what I wanted??"

I explained that I had filled in their on-line "refund form" 4 weeks ago but as yet had heard nothing back. I was told that nothing had been done & "did I want a refund?"

I said "well yes!"

After a minute I was told that it had been done & should be back in my acount whith 5 days.

If I hadn't of called though I doubt that I ever would have seen the money again, but it was a nightmare getting through!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lucan, after they cancelled our flight to GVA a couple of years ago (whilst we were in the check-in queue Evil or Very Mad ) we arranged our refunds directly through the website. All fairly straightforward.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had my Easyjet flight from Liverpool to Geneva cancelled on Jan 8th and ended up going out with swissair. After a reasonable number of emails and sitting on hold on the telephone for 10-20 minutes on several occasions without speaking to anybody, I received an email this afternoon from EJ saying that my refund had been approved and will be back in my account within 5 days - so they do seem to process them eventually!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I had my Easyjet flight from Liverpool to Geneva cancelled on Jan 8th and ended up going out with swissair. After a reasonable number of emails and sitting on hold on the telephone for 10-20 minutes on several occasions without speaking to anybody, I received an email this afternoon from EJ saying that my refund had been approved and will be back in my account within 5 days - so they do seem to process them eventually!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lucan, You could always try contacting the Easyjet Customer Experience Champion! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Easyjet refunds seem to work, if everything goes to their set plan. If however the card has expired that made the original payment then the "system" falls apart. You get an email stating the refund is approved, but they can't refund as card expired, you need to give us a new expiry date, but not by email or post, must do it by phone. So you wait on hold (hour and 10 mins today!) talking to no one, at 10p a minute!

If you send them, by email, the new expiry date, they just reply that they have not got the authority to process it.

seems a good way to generate money....

Flybe managed it in about 5 minutes, easyjet are just a joke! with appalling "customer service"
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alastair Pink, I have dealt with 3 of the entitled "Customer Experience Champion" persons so far................they are not doing very well..."Bad Customer Experience Champion" would be better title
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I booked peak time (Boxing Day) easyjet flights to Geneva last September.

In November I was surprised to see that (for the 2 of us in total) the flights were over £100 cheaper. I e mailed them to complain and was please to get a Customer Service Champion response that confirmed that under their terms and conditions, any reductions in fare after booking = customer refund in the form of a credit against future bookings.

However, after that good news, the next paragraph read that because the reduced Geneva fares in this case were a special offer, no such refund would be due!! Why didn't they tell me that in the first place instead of building my hopes up with the good news? Shocking example of how not to inform a customer!

The really annoying part is that NOWHERE were the fares highlighted as special offer/sale etc - so easyjet's refund the difference policy would seem to be absolutely worthless.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lucan,
I had flights cancelled at Christmas and only in the past week has the actual amount been credited to my bank for one of the bookings, the other one is in some sort of mail merry go round where they will not refund because they say I have not submitted details and I cannot submit details because the system says I have already done it.
I have to say I was bit disapointed with easyjet over all this, I have had flights cancelled with Ryanair before and really you don't expect a lot, but their system semed to work better and faster than easyjets ! Anyway I think the rule is still not too pay much, and then you won't be disapointed when it all goes wrong.
snow report
Mine took nearly 8 weeks!!
snow report
well I have now managed to contact them, and will get a refund in about 4 weeks. Hugely complex process, i understand the need for security, but for about £50 this is a little over the top.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy