Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski pass in claviere

Poster: A snowHead
going to claviere march 6th - confused re ski pass can get full from t/o who say can do all clav/montgenevre and milky way resorts for £162.00 , but also hear that mont delune pass is better, does anyone know how much this is to purchase from claviere. any info will be helpful . Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm not surprised you're confused. I was last year. See this thread for more info: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=47397
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can get 3 different passes for Claviere.

1/ Just for Claviere
2/ Monts de Lunas (i think that's how it's spelled without checking) - which does for Claviere and Montgenevre, plus one day on any of the other resorts, or Serre Chevalier.
3/ Via Lattea - Does for the whole Milky Way plus one day at either Serre Chevalier or i think maybe Les 2 Alpes as well, but it's a bit of a trek.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When I looked into it last year though the 'Via Lattea' pass (when bought in Claviere) only included one day in Montgenevre.

We spend quite a bit of time in Montgenevre but didn't go to any of the rest of the Milky Way, Serre Chevalier etc simply because we were tied to the kid's ski school timings. So we went for the Monte Luna one.

Obviously (i) the OP's circumstances/needs may be different and (ii) things may be different this year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
if the 162 covers multiple days in Montgenevre and milky way, then get it..if its one with just a day in mont.. or milkyway.. then don't the Mont de luna lokos to be around 181 euros for 6 days. It used to be better to get the bus to montgenevre and get the pass there, but its now available in Claviere. its been a while since I was there but with the euro v pound, it might be cheaper to get via TO, get your in resorts reps number and give them a call and see what they say..

Claviere website is decidedly not very useful or clear.. but that seems to say 151 euros for monte luna..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
papasmurf wrote:
if the 162 covers multiple days in Montgenevre and milky way, then get it..if its one with just a day in mont.. or milkyway.. then don't the Mont de luna lokos to be around 181 euros for 6 days. It used to be better to get the bus to montgenevre and get the pass there, but its now available in Claviere. its been a while since I was there but with the euro v pound, it might be cheaper to get via TO, get your in resorts reps number and give them a call and see what they say..

Claviere website is decidedly not very useful or clear.. but that seems to say 151 euros for monte luna..

From memory, it's not helped by having passes with similar names but different coverage for sale on either side of the border.

Who'da thought the French and Italians could conspire between them to create confusion???
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We had this trouble last year staying in Claviere - the TO didn't sell the Monts de al Lune pass (Claviere/Montgenevre) only the local pass (which included one day in Montgenevre and one day in the rest of the Milky Way - we went to Sestriere). However this year we stayed in Montgenevre and could get the Monts de la Lune pass.

If you have a look at the Montgenevre website you can buy online. E mail the contact on the website and they'll email you the form, you need to send it back with photos and the passes then come by post. If you are a family there is an online family deal which is a bit cheaper, although if you've got under 8's it may be worthwhile buying the Italian pass. When we went last year our youngest was 7, under the Italian rules he qualified for a free pass (as under Cool but the French passes only were free for under 6's.

What level of skiers are you - if you're Intermediate then you really want the Monts de Lune pass as whilst we did do a lot of skiing round Claviere last year, the joint pass gives you much more scope.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Make sure you have at least one meal at Pizzeria Kilt and lunch at La Coche
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dr George wrote:
Make sure you have at least one meal at Pizzeria Kilt and lunch at La Coche

Indeed.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dr George wrote:
We had this trouble last year staying in Claviere - the TO didn't sell the Monts de al Lune pass (Claviere/Montgenevre) only the local pass ....

Looking at last year's thread, you went early Jan. By the time we went in Feb the TO rep (Crystal/FirstChoice) had started selling the ML pass. Basically I think they'd realised they were missing out on commission as people had worked out that it was the pass to have.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all your help, will either but in resort or coach if T/ operators have started to sell, lets just hope the snow keeps coming, after reading some of these reports i am not looking forward to narrow red from montgenevre / claviere will stick with tree route i think .
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
last week i went to thomas cook to book my Monts de lune pass as the Neilson price was £149, which i reckoned was good if its 181 euros
to my astonishment when the girl phoned and checked there was a deal on and i got it for £120
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sounds a good price cockerhoop - are you booking your whole holiday through Thomas cook? I want to buy mont de lune passes but don't suppose they are selling them on their own is it only part of the package holiday?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sound good price definatly interested if you can boo k with thomas cook seperately, i have booked holiday with rocket ski
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
els1e, I dont remember having to do a narrow red from Montgenevre, you can take cross country route which is flat?
latest report
no i think you need the package as the pass is delivered to our apt the night before we ski
there is also a new blue run to Claviere from the top of Sierre Thibaud down the Baisses run that goes to the bottom of the Montquitaine lift, which i think is close to Claviere centre, going back to Montgenvre from there according to the map is up the Montquitaine lift and down Suffin, but it may not work out like that as the piste map doesn't have arrows to show directions of pistes and Suffin and Pharoh look like they go in both directions!!!
ski holidays
cockerhoop, The blue run Baisses is not new and has always been there. There is new terrain to get to that piste from Serre Thibaud which is a black called Tetras. You can ski to the bottom of the Montquitaine chairlift, which brings you out on the otherside of Claviere. Requires a walk of about 200m to get to the main lifts (La Coche and Col Boeuf) in Claviere. Much easier to take the cross country tracks to get to Claviere, they aren't that flat as some people make out or drop off the pistes off the back of Rocher d'Aigle.

Only one pass to get in my opinion which is the Monts de la Lune. Its a fantastic ski area, enjoy it!
snow conditions
just downloaded the new piste map from the Montgenvre website
a few mionor changes mainly start of sierre thibaud now appers to be across the road at top of Montquitaine lift (guess this isn't right)
the pharo half pipe has gone
theres a new designated beginners area near Clot
and the buildings area now extends towards the end of the lake
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy