Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good Sleeping Bag?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anybody recommend a good quality sleeping bag for camping in the UK in Spring/Summer and Autumn. I currently have one which cost about £25 but unfortunately it doesn’t keep me warm during those few cold hours before dawn (even in summer). I’m willing to spend a fair bit more in order to get a quality bag which will keep me nice and snug, any thoughts?

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Weight, size are all it's about. No need for down unless you need super small and light, Down comes into it's own at -5 rating. And please, forget colour, when your eyes are shut it can be any colour you want!!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dont know if they still make them but I have an Ajungilac 3 season. Very light and warm. If you want a 2/3 season bag then now is the time to buy it. Off season for the summer stuff.

cheers
bob
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.crux.uk.com/en/crux_sleepingbags.php
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jakemanc, depending on where you go in the UK it can be very cold in Autumn, certainly below freezing so I'd look for a comfort temp down to -5 ish. After that it depends what you're using it for: straight out the car into a tent or walking for 10 hours before wild camping and the repeating the next day and maybe the day after.

Alpkit make good down bags at a fantastic price although they'll weigh more than the equivalent spec of bag from Rab or PHD, both of whom I'd recommend if you want a down bag and money's no object. Otherwise any of the major manufactures bags are worth a look. Personally I have a fairly light synthetic bag for summer use and have a pretty hefty down bag (rated to -12) for the rest of the year but then again I'll camp in temps down to -10 so it's what I need.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i have the north face equinox and my o/h has a mountain hardwear phantom..both fantastic sleeping bags..you stay cool in summer but warm in spring/autumn (camped in conditions as high as + 23 at night and as low as + 2)... but they are expensive..,£150+...you could try getting them on ebay..you might pick them up for ££90-£100...also golite have a good, extremely lightweight range..i agree withSwirly, with regards to alpkit and price for quality...

okbye
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've got a Wynnster Superlite 1200. Does me fine in all weathers...although not really a summer bag unless you like sweating your preverbials off...!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Again... Alpkit are good value but Ajungilac are really the dogs.... I have the -20C model and it is very warm indeed.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy