Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How busy is the Three Valleys likely to be?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We are going there for the first time on Feb 27th - cannot wait! But I know this will be the second of the two-week Paris school holiday... is it likely to be manic with loads of queueing, or can you escape the kids and the crowds higher up the mountains? We are staying in Mottaret and we have a 3V lift pass by the way, so if you can also recommend some quieter runs (reds or blues) that would be appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some friends went at half term last year and they said they managed to avoid the crowds and found some quite empty areas - sorry don't know where and won't see them until we're back from skiing on the 21st. However it does sound possible to escape the crowds. They stayed in Meribel les Allues. Good luck!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
robinsrule wrote:
Hi,

We are going there for the first time on Feb 27th - cannot wait! But I know this will be the second of the two-week Paris school holiday... is it likely to be manic with loads of queueing, or can you escape the kids and the crowds higher up the mountains? We are staying in Mottaret and we have a 3V lift pass by the way, so if you can also recommend some quieter runs (reds or blues) that would be appreciated.

Shouldn't be too bad - English half term will be over. Mottaret can be a bottleneck at the best of times but you can do lots of little tricks to avoid the worst queues. For example, if you are going to Val Thorens, don't go on the Plattieres bubble, but instead take the Combe, Chatelet and Cote Brune chairs.

If you are going over to Les Menuires/St Martin, take the Combe chair and Roc de Tougne drag. Beware though that the St Martin 2 chair is also a bottleneck. The reds and blue runs above Les Menuires (Pramint, Jerusalem, Becca, Allamands etc) are all lovely and not usually too busy.

Not many options to Courchevel other than Pas de Lac bubble out of Mottaret, but there is a single person queue to help. It is usually really quiet over in Courchevel 1650 and there are some good runs like Chapelets, Rochers, Bel Air (all red).

It is also really worthwhile going over to the 4th Valley (Orelle) via the Moutiere chair and Grand Fond Funitel out of Val Thorens. Then pick up the lovely, long Mauriennaise red down to the restaurant.

Hope you enjoy the best ski area in the world IMO!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Should be fine, always best to get away on first lifts, and avoid the main Motteret and Meribel hubs untill the end of the day.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
robinsrule, have a look at my site for various itinerary's
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skimottaret wrote:
robinsrule, have a look at my site for various itinerary's

Nice one

Robinsrule you could also check out www.merinet.com which has loads of info on Meribel and area (Courchnet.com and Valthonet.com also cover other parts of the 3 Valleys.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers guys, absolutely cannot wait for my first taste of French skiing...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
robinsrule,
Quote:

absolutely cannot wait for my first taste of French skiing.

You could not have picked a better place to ski. The three Vallyes are my favorite place in the world to ski. There is such a huge choice of runs that there is always quieter areas to ski. Have fun.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy