Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Dom, Saas Fee,Switzerland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know what the the ski room facilities are like in this hotel? Boot dryers, lockers, table and vice etc......is it secure???

Any other info on hotel would be much appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was there about 5 years ago and from memory the ski room was secure and I also seem to recall it had boot warmers. The rooms were fairly basic but absolutely fine and it's a pretty good location... bit of a walk to the main lifts but right in the middle of town. The hotel is quite funky.. the food was pretty good and the wine excellent if a little expensive. There is a hotel bar then a more lively apres bar in the basement which had live music and was bouncing both at tea time and late on but the noise didn't seem to permeate the rest of the hotel too badly. Found the staff helpful and attentive in bars, restaurant and reception.

Only downside to our trip was my wife being left on the mountain in a blizzard by a swiss ski school instructor..... he knew she was terrified of a bit of a steep pitch in the conditions and tried to coax her down for a couple of minutes before skiing off with the rest of the group leaving her alone and unable to see a lift or even piste poles. Thankfully she had her mobile on her and called me so I rushed round the mountain to get to her and skied her down holding round my waist in a plough. Needless to say this led to a huge complaint to the ski school, a refund and two free private lessons.... plus a chance meeting with same instructor outside a mountain restaurant a couple of days later and the pleasure of verbally humiliating him in front of his ski school instructor chums..... amazing how he pretended not to be able to understand English when it had been near perfect with his English ski school group only 2 days earlier!

All round a charming resort with fairly easy skiing and a couple of decent blacks, some great views, a great snow record and a reasonably modern lift system. Keep meaning to go back but just not got round to it yet... and my wife has a bit of a downer on it....
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stayed there last Summer - it is right in the middle of the resort, rooms and food were fine. Bit of a walk to the gondola but this wasn't as much of an issue in summer as in winter. Service friendly. Had ski room down in basement - fairly usual for this type of hotel - you have to walk out through the hotel with your skis but no secure lockers etc. (Ski room not exactly full to busting in July/August but we used it. Would stay there again - if you want something a bit more upmarket look at Le Glacier.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How long a walk are we talking here? That's one of the reasons I like France, is the doorstep skiing. I suppose the walk will substitute for a warm up.

Does the hotel have an electric taxi?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
heliskier89, 5 Mins, no it doesn't have an electric taxi, I was on a Freeski camp so had a single room, it was the smallest room ever but did the job! Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy