Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thin ski gloves - help me please

Poster: A snowHead
I have for years been using Berghaus fleece Winstopper gloves (the ones that had the red stitching on the outside) when it's not snowing. They've been great servants but sadly now the stitching is coming away (despite repairing myself). I hate bulky ski gloves and have got a decent pair of leather Dakine gloves that do well when snowing. So I just need gloves for skiing when sunny.

I need some recommendations of a thin winstopper glove that has a leather palm. Have looked in several of the outdoor shops in Glasgow (Greaves, Tiso and North Face) and whilst they have fleecy winstopper gloves, none have a leather palm, which I need to prevent tearing the material when carrying my skis etc.

Can anyone help?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boabski, I think Level make some, don't know where you would get them in the UK though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boabski, what about the park style gloves, these would fit your needs. burton pipe gloves spring to mind
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hestra make 'bombproof' gloves and some of them are thin ....
http://www.hestragloves.com/#/en/handskar/cross_country/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boabski, Try the Grenade Gloves that Snow & Rock stock they do not have leather palms but are coated in a very tough material.

I use them for everything including ski servicing and they hold up really well
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try having a look in a good high end bike shop at full fingered mountainbiking gloves.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks folks. Have ended ordering these as they pretty much tick all the boxes http://www.equipyourtrip.com/all-categories/clothing/gloves/mountain-equipment-g2-alpine-glove.html
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i am rather pleased with these:

available discounted at facewest too:

http://www.facewest.co.uk/Marmot-XT-Glove.html

got mine for ski touring in spring but they have been quite good for running in the cold weather and general use around town. and they are dextrous as f Little Angel
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boabski,

Well help is close at hand (pun intended). Ski n boardroom in Partick have thin Level goves. They are in Meadow road just behind partick police station.

Also there are similar one's in Ellis Brigham at xscape that salomon make. Kind of neoprene in texture but nice.

Cheers
Bob
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I personally use these gloves:

http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en-us/shop/mountain/gloves/pilot

Not that windproof, but I use them a lot on the sunny days and would definitely recommend them.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boabski,
Have you tried cycling or motocross gloves? Probably be a lot cheaper than anything badged for skiing.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Decathlon mountain biking gloves - usually somewhere in the region of £6-£12. Bargain!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I use Oakley MTB gloves. Just renewed them after getting 20 weeks out of 'em.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Elizabeth B wrote:
Decathlon mountain biking gloves - usually somewhere in the region of £6-£12. Bargain!

+1 on that idea, they are now my default gloves for skiing in. When it gets too cold for them I put a pair of normal (but slightly oversized) pair of ski gloves on top.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There's a remarkable collection of gloves at Needle Sports including many reinforced Windstoppers. Probably not as cheap as Decathlon though:

http://www.needlesports.com/acatalog/Mail_Order_Hands_107.html
snow conditions
Ignoring your stipulation for leather palms...here goes...Being the cheapskate I am, I've gone with getting thinsulate cheapie gloves from the market or discounters. Ok, they shred after a couple of weeks, but they only cost £3 or £4 so, on balance are about the same as getting a £20 pair.

If you can bear it, the couple of pairs of trespass gloves I've got are thin and have removable liners, and again were cheap and cheerful.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy