Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any recomandations for women's higher intermidiate skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

Can any of you knowledgeable snowHead could recommend a skis for an intermediate woman skier?

I will be renting out the skis but I would like to know what is out there suitable for me.

I am getting quite confident on the red slopes and have tried few steeper runs, more like blacks than reds NehNeh

I would like skis which boost my confidence and help to develop my technique but are still a bit forgiving.

Was thinking about Volkl attiva estrella but the ski shop may not have them.

I would like to build a short list of ski models so I can show it at the ski shop and they hopefully will find what I want.

Many thanks for any recomendations

Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Personal recommendations from me based on skis I have demoed and enjoyed this season would be Fischer Koa 78, Rossignol Attraxion VI (I now have these!) and Scott Rosa or Maya. Some snowhead ladies love the K2 'Luv' and Head 'Thang' ranges too.

I guess it depends very much on the resort and hire establishment but I have generally found there to be very little choice, especially with regards to women-specific skis.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nemeziss, queen bodecia, I tested the Scott Rosa and Fischer Koa 78 at MK and liked them. I also tested the Storm Inferno (not female specific) at Hemel and liked them, in fact probably more than the Storm Blaze (female version).

I should add that I wouldn't consider myself knowledgeable Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
K2 One Luvs are popular as rentals and would be about the right standard. Otherwise Salomon X-Wings are unisex/suitable for ladyfolk, and apparently very nice, although rather heavy!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
queen bodecia wrote:
Personal recommendations from me based on skis I have demoed and enjoyed this season would be Fischer Koa 78, Rossignol Attraxion VI (I now have these!) and Scott Rosa or Maya. Some snowhead ladies love the K2 'Luv' and Head 'Thang' ranges too.

I guess it depends very much on the resort and hire establishment but I have generally found there to be very little choice, especially with regards to women-specific skis.

Cannot agree more, Scott Rosa is a wonderful ski for aspiring intermediate. I teach on them and also telemark on them and they are great allround ski...Pretty too Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Actually, I just checked and realized it was the Scott Maya I tried, not the Scott Rosa Embarassed
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I bought some atomic cloud 9s this year and can't recommend them highly enough. Try to test a pair if you can.
I tried them on as a intermediate - happy on reds, some blacks. I found them to be highly responsive, my turns improved immediately. I have skiied on them for 1 week now and have been happily tackling steep hard packed blacks and reds with great success Smile
I think they won " best in test" this year - however I have no idea who tested them, there was a sticker on them in the shop.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dynastar Exclusive Legends
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i tested out the burnin luvs - wouldnt describe them as at all forgiving. Dont know what your build / style is but you have to work the one luvs as well. In fact as a lightweight i find all k2s hard work, but a great work out if thats what you are after wink I bought Rossi sc80w (last years model) - like their relative lightness but they are pretty stiff and kick your butt if you slack off, but thats probabaly a reflection of them being upper int - advanced skis and probabaly common to all the skis in that level bracket, although never tried them, hear great things about mayas, in fact on the hunt for a second hand pair myself, so if you try them out, write a review when you get back - have fun!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cloud 9 are very popular, my wife has some and loves them.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Another vote for Rossignol Attraxion VI. I bought them last season, and have done about 4 weeks on them, they seem to cope really well with all sorts of conditions. I'm not a great skier, but competent enough on most reds, they have certainly helped me improve my technique and build confidence.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My wife uses Salomon Lady and loves them Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I like the Dynastar Exclusive - they don't look too good but are great fun. The ski tests last year said that about them as well. That's the pink version, they are piste skis with good capability off piste.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My write up on Elan Magfire 78 Ti 168cm http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=61088#1450645
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Dont know what your build / style

I'm 170 cm tall and weighing 69kg. I am not an aggressive skier. I prefer to feel safe on the slope and enjoy being in control. I don't go off piste as I don't have enough experience. But I have tried skiing in powder few times and would really love to try it again.

I did wonder about K2 burnin luv as I read few good reviews. What is your opinion about Volkl attiva estrella?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy