Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any info for Stoos near Zurich

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The wife is off to stoos at the end of feb for a work conference finishing on a friday . I guess it would be rude of me not to join her on the Friday and get her to stay on on the Saturday and Sunday for a few days of skiing. From the resort website it seems a smallish resort but there isn't much info in English on it.

Has anybody been there? Will it be ok for 3 days of skiing? or any other info would be greatfully received.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did a weekend there 4 years ago. The weather wasn't great so I didn't get the full picture. The two sides are not particularly well connected. Coming off the Fronalpsock with enough speed will get you some of the way over the flat to the Klingenstock side. The other direction is worse. The vertical is not bad. The Klingenstock chair is a couple of years old and is supposed to be the longest in Central Switzerland!

Stoos is car-free but there are no busses and the village itself is fairly flat. You can get a horse drawn taxi to get around if you don't fancy walking. We stayed in the Seminar Hotel which is near the top of the cable car from Morschach and a 2 minute flat skate to the Fronalpstock chair. We had little kids so it was a bit more painful getting them to the lift. The Klingenstock lift was a bit more of a walk although it might have been possible to get there using a couple of t-bars.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy