Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I will be taking a helmet this year as I will be playing on some jumps and in a park.

Instead of buying a new one, I have a good BMX/Dirt Jump p*SS pot which I'm thinking of taking. Are they simular to snowboard helmets? Will I get away with it? Or will I look like a spoon!

(My helmet does'nt have ear protection but I will wear something underneath to keep the ears warm.)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
loffers, i think there are some EN(CN?) numbers/rules that helmets for different sports have to comply with cos of the presumed level of possible damage that can be caused by the sport. it'll be worth googling to find out if you can use your bmx helmet to snowboard in.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dude, I wouldn't just for the fact that you are not covered by insurance or the manufacturer for any accidents and/ or faults as you are not using it correctly.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd be worried you'd look like a tool Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I use my Smith helmet for both, but then it was bought for both. It has two different pad sets, earpieces, and plugs for some of the vents, which makes it more flexible. Can't see why there would be any differences apart from ventilation / warmth levels, though; you're looking at similar kinds of impacts, just slightly more chance of a soft landing on the snow.

But then again, I look like a tool, anyway, as anyone who's ever seen me on a bike or a board will gladly confirm....
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A mate of mine uses his Salomon boardin' lid for DJ's at Chicksands, seen him bail plenty of times and not yet managed to give himself brain damage Twisted Evil
He sweats like hell in summer though Laughing Laughing
construction wise it doesn't look too different from "proper" DJ lids, just a little extra padding/insulation.
That said all the makers make different lids for different sports with different prices and different EN numbers, that cannot only be to get more money out of people, can it? surely they wouldn't do that sort of thing would they?
I tried a TSG on in EB in xscape(MK) the other day felt just like the MTB/DJ lid(just as uncomfortable) looked like it too Puzzled Puzzled

p.s yes you will look like a spoon Twisted Evil
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy