Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

use golf head covers to protect ski tips

Poster: A snowHead
did this when transporting skis last trip and it worked very well. perfect size and shape for the job.
if your not a golfer then borrow, if thats not an option they are cheap to buy.
has prob been suggested here before but did search and nothing came up
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why? Skis are built to take abuse, they're not made from egg shells.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boxing gloves, they're even better.

Can't say I've ever thought for more than 0.1 of a second about the potential for ski tip damage in transit.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Take tube socks. Put over either end of skis. Put skis down leg of padded ski trousers. Put other end of skis down arm of ski jacket.

Ski bag now has skis, poles, socks, trousers and jacket in there, and skis won't get damaged.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Monium, you're brave taking a chance with slicing your ski trousers and jacket to pieces. I use old jeans, cut the legs off and pull them over skis which deals with edge-to-edge bashing, then wrap the middle in an old single duvet which helps protect the bindings. If you think I'm going to risk my expensive skiing kit by putting them in with sharp edged skis you've got another thing coming. I don't think about the ski tips at all.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You guys either need a padded ski bag or a padded cell.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bubble wrap !!

And keeps the 6 year old happy when teh weather is crap , or when there's a delay at teh airport
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
if i put my golf head covers on my skis, then what will protect my golf clubs ?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There's a few "Tiger" ones that aren't being used. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bode Swiller, already got a padded bag, and working my way towards a padded cell, but the chap at EB who sold me my skis and fitted my bindings then advised taking precautions to protect them in transit. Might be a load of old tosh and I completely accept that skis are made to be bashed around, but for 10 minutes work to (possibly) protect £1000 worth of skis and bindings it's worth a shot.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Blimey - £1000 - where did you buy your gear from ?????? You don't have those "lacroix" skis do you ?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sev112, of course dahlink, don't we all?

(2 x pair, innit)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dr John, I recommend the cell. If you have strong velcro ski ties (you know, like the one below, not the weedy thin ones) and you have one top and one bottom and sometimes one middle, your skis will stay together. then if they are in a padded bag with the exterior straps pulled tight, the skis won't move around in there or get hit from outside objects and nor will your poles.

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dr John, i know Smile Couldnt resist it
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dr John,

but then 4 skis means 4 golf head covers, which means you must have a 7 wood in your bag, which means you must be a REALLLLy slow skier, which means you dont need to protcet your tips in eth first place

Smile
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, that, sir, is not completely silly suggestion, and one that's far too simple for my over engineering brain to comprehend. I'll pick some up this week (and still use all the other gubbins, I'm a belt and braces man, me).
ski holidays
sev112, how dare you acuse me of being a golfist, I've rarely been so insulted.
latest report
I think I've just invented a new sport in my head - skigolf. You carry just one club, and have to lady's front bottom a ruddy great ball down a ski slope (the fairway) at the hole (any child wearing a purple helmet) winner is the first one to hit a child taking turns to play. If you punt it into the rough then you can take a drop ball, unless you're wearing a helmet in which case you have to go fetch no matter what.

Plus there's an entry level kids game that even adults can play drunk, just use the park as a crazy golf course.
ski holidays
I repeat...
Quote:

You guys either need a padded ski bag or a padded cell.

Monium Shocked
snow conditions
Monium wrote:
skigolf

That's like combining the two most completely gayest things ever into a moment of singular homoerotic perfection.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy