Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Villeneuve, Serre Chevalier, Easter?

Poster: A snowHead
A couple of questions! How far from Grenoble airport? are there are a couple of lively bars to keep teenagers happy, and bowling etc for the younger ones? All early to good intermediates, is there enough to keep us all happy? whats the prices like in bars etc? any ski to door or at least near to the lifts or is it a definate bus ride to most chalets? many thanks, I can see its a popular resorts amongst snowHead but any info gratefully received, thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
feefee, about two hours from Grenoble. There is the Grotte bar , and a couple more bars in Villeneuve with live music. There is no bowling in Villeneuve, but there may be in Briancon. There is an indoor pool. There will be plenty of skiing to keep you all happy. Bar prices, around 2.2-2.5€ for a small beer, cheaper during happy hours, wine depends on the bar. Not a lot of ski to door, but there is accommodation within a short walk of the lifts. There is one tour op chalet close to the pistes near Aravet, and possibly one in Le Bez, perhaps someone who has stayed there will remember.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rocketski - Club Hotel Aigle.

I'm staying there from March 20th and can't flipping wait!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, been quoted £170ish for lift pass and £140ish child price, does that sound right or do you know of a cheaper deal, its for 8 adults and a chilld.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you are having ski school, then you should be able to adults for 140 and kids 110.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
No ski school, have you booked lift passes? Hotel looks fine, probably be basic but in a great position! Shame its booked when we want to go!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can get a family lift pass (2 adult, 2 children), saving about £80. This is particularly good with young teenagers, as 12 counts as an adult for an individual pass, but a child for the family pass!

The Grand Aigle is ski to door, but may be sold out for Easter!

Karen
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
feefee, http://www.serre-chevalier.com/Winter-2009-10-prices has all the lift pass prices that you will pay at the ticket office. http://www.serre-chevalier.com/Family-special shows the prices of the family passes.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Brilliant thank you! The chalet is called Pyrene, found a link on here from ages ago, anyone know of it?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
feefee, Chalet Pyrene is next to the road by the petrol station, about a 5 minute walk from the Fréjus gondola. Ski bus stops at the door.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
feefee, Pas de Probleme.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
going out on 27th march cannot wait 5 of us in total!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hey, A group of 13 of us all Uni students are going on the 31st March, wondering where the best place to go out on the town is? I heard Yeti bar- Is that in Villneuve?
Stayin in Chalets du Jardin alpin, Villeneuve? Where abouts is that, close to lifts??
Got great deal from neilson, £168 Flights, accom, Transfers!
Cheers
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just booked yesterday with Rocket ski to stay at the Club Hotel Aigle from 27th March with wife and son. Had been considering it for the last week, wish I had booked then; it has cost me an extra £200 from considering to booking and have to fly from Luton instead of my local Gatwick. Seems to have sold out fast over the last week as not available today with flights, unless you are making your own way.

Does anyone know if they have WiFi?

Wife doesn't like skiing, but is after doing some Nordic skiing, she has done some before but would like to join up with others or does anyone know if any of the ski schools in Villeneuve offer lessons?

The 11 year old son is also not enthusiastic about skiing so will probably end up having a day or so to myself for skiing... if anyone else is staying there that week and needs a ski-pal for a day or so let me know... luckily though going to Tignes on the 28th Feb without them so all is not lost...
snow conditions
Adrian61, will be able to confirm in the next week or so if julesb and I will be there then. There's a small matter of fitting our trip around his mother's 80th birthday to sort out yet.
ski holidays
Adrian61, Monetier offers nordic lessons, but not sire about Villeneuve, I would have thought ESF would do. I don't know any Nordic skiers apart from some of my French neighbours.
latest report
Not sure about wifi. There is an internet point in reception, which is pay to use. Give Rocket a ring or email and they will let you know.

Karen
ski holidays
Yesterday, I booked the Eurotunnel for Easter so I can go skiing.

I am planning on arriving on Friday 2nd April and departing on Tuesday 6th April.

There are 4 of us in our party and I was wondering if anyone knew of any hotels or apartments which would be available during this period?

We have found a couple but they are very small and wanted to see if anyone on here knew of any?

Many Thanks
ski holidays
Dontlikeheights,
Try the tourist office theya re usuallly preety good with this kind of info. Briancons hotels are usually good for short stays.
latest report
Adrian61, welcome to snowheads. shame your son doesn't like skiing - why's that? There are snowheads who know that area extremely well who might be able to recommend a really good instructor for him to have some private lessons. A miserable experience in ski school can put kids off.
ski holidays
Adrian61, can I suggest booking your son a private lesson with Gavin from Eurekaski . If your son is not enthusiatic afterwards, there is no hope for him.

Dontlikeheights, drop my friend Melanie an email at info@eurekaski.com ,as she looks after quite a lot of apartments in the area, and will probably be able to find you something suitable. You could also try http://www.hotelrifblanc.com/
snow report
Dontlikeheights

After it was recommendedby a fellow snowHead we have stayed at the Hotel Vauban in Briancon twice in recent years. Both were short stays and once was from a Good Fri to Easter Monday.

It's very clean and comfortable - and good value price-wise at about 30/40 euros B&B. About 200m from the gondola and minutes from bars and restaurants. Briancon is a great base for skiing Serre Chevalier - it's a proper town so food and drink are a lot cheaper than the usual French resorts. The old town is absolutely gorgeous - walled ramparts, lovely restaurants in narrow alleys etc etc.

http://www.hotel-vauban-briancon.com/index.php?language=2
ski holidays
Dontlikeheights, Briancon will be lovely at Easter, the old town can be a bit dark and cold in mid-winter, all of those tall buildings and surrounding mountains block out the sun, but in Spring it will be fantastic.
snow report
Dontlikeheights, as I ususally do you could try Maison du Bez http://www.hotel-dubez.com/
This is in Bez village above Villeneuve, and skiable to Pontillas lift, and a not too long walk to Casse de Boeuf. Warm welcome from Tina the owner guaranteed. Is basic, Ikea style rooms, and communal cellar dining room with set daily menus. Decent breakfasts too and she would let you make up a packed lunch with bigger bits of bread and fruit for about 3 euro. Has also got own little bar on honesty system. She also has apartements in building next door - we've stayed in the sleeps 8 one and it is lovely and cosy. Bez has a few restos itself, and you are about 10 mins walk down to old Villeneuve.

EDIT. Would also recommend Mel at Eurekaski - we had a nice enough apartment in Monetier through her last time {Grolles} which was not too onerous a stagger from the lifts and near the main village. She is very nice and very helpful.
ski holidays
md906, hey what uni are u frm, there is 5 of us from brunel uni coming out on the 27th?
latest report
md906, hey what uni are u frm, there is 5 of us from brunel uni coming out on the 27th?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy