Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski/snowboarding club for over 40s

Poster: A snowHead
Ski/snowboarding club for over 40`s

trying to get a group of peeps together that are around the 40 age and over.
We have over 20 members already.
Would like to arrange some get together`s and holidays in Les Arc`s.
A mate has some good chalets out there.
Plenty of good contact within group
Some good deals to be had.
Anybody interested get in touch.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowtheway2go, we call ours the Order of Ancient Respectable Snowboard Elite
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How many members do you have
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hello,
Your group sounds interesting. Can you PM with with some more details. Cool. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Count me in - assuming it's not a boys only club ?

Don't suppose you fancy making the inaugural trip starting 21/22 Feb? Looking to get away that week, but no one seems to want to come out and play Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Masque, be nice to new sHs. You know you can do it. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi there,
Count me in as well - female over 40 intermediate but very keen skier.
Any chance of organizing a trip during half term week 14/2?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
emiliya wrote:
Hi there,
Count me in as well - female over 40 intermediate but very keen skier.
Any chance of organizing a trip during half term week 14/2?

Welcome to the club Lady.
Get yourself on to facebook and join.

Drew.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What is the name of the group in Facebook?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sno_age ltd

Hope to see you there Emiliya Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Double posted so text deleted

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 27-01-09 23:00; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another 1 in the north east (middlesbrough) for membership here ... 42, advanced intermediate/still think I'm 18/throw myself off anything and adventurous as hell sort of level! (well, that's on the first day anyway... then, as I'm totally knackered and come to terms with the fact that I'm not 18 any more, the rest of the holiday is spent cruising the mountain searching for watering holes and eateries rolling eyes ) Can I come and play too please.

Have ended up going alone for far too many years now as I've always been a billy no (skiing) mates.. Taking my 17 year old son to Cham this year but he isn't coming accross as very adventurous or interested so might be back to billy no mates again next season! Would be nice to be part of a gang of similar age snow addicted hooligans for a change snowHead

Paul
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Rookie Headette wrote:
Count me in - assuming it's not a boys only club ?

Don't suppose you fancy making the inaugural trip starting 21/22 Feb? Looking to get away that week, but no one seems to want to come out and play Sad

That's the week my son and I will be in Cham.... Going with Ski Weekend as we're getting 10 days on the snow! so the coach journey is a worthwhile sacrifice for the price... I'm sure they still have places and the single supplements are quite reasonable (especially as you then get a room to yourself!)

We leave Victoria Coach station 5.30pm Thurs 19th and get back 9.30am mon 2nd March. Staying in the La Vert hotel which by all accounts seems to be a rather cool place.... I'm sorta hoping my son will 'pull' rolling eyes during the week and leave me to have a few quiet drinks and enjoy some fine French cuisine on an evening..... otherwise I can see him dragging me kicking and screaming to night clubs (gawd...... not since I was 20 something!!! and I couldn't dance then!)

Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OK... I'm not much of a Facebook wizz... but I can't find the group sno_age ltd anywhere?????
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Vipa wrote:
OK... I'm not much of a Facebook wizz... but I can't find the group sno_age ltd anywhere?????

here is the link

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=46819957764&ref=ts

Let me know if you still cant find it

Drew
snow report
Found it!!! Sno-age ltd

Cheers
snow report
Vipa wrote:
Found it!!! Sno-age ltd

Cheers

send me a PM with your name on facebook
ski holidays
snowtheway2go wrote:
Vipa wrote:
Found it!!! Sno-age ltd

Cheers

send me a PM with your name on facebook

Can never quite figure out how to do pms easily on here! I've joined... the names Hennessey...... Paul Hennessey (doesn't quite have the same ring to it, does it! Cool )

Paul
ski holidays
Nice one,i seen you had joined
latest report
Me has joined too.... if anything happens mid Feb I may count myself in.
snow report
Nice one as well Scarpa Very Happy
latest report
snowtheway2go, Is this a separate club from the snowboarding one on the other thread, or have you just got one joint ski/snowboard club going?
latest report
I don't do Facebook, it seems a bit scary to me...

However I am a 40-year-old ski enthusiast. Not in a position to join any groups as my ski holiday is all set for this season, but I will watch developments with interest for future reference...
latest report
Hi Hurtle

we were all members of goneboarding and decided to form the club for 40+ club
Initially our club was intended for snowboarders
But as a lot of the groups families ski and would have probably kicked up a stink,lol.
No way could we exclude ski`ers,and to many good skiers who board.
All of us were finding it hard to get people to board with around the same age group,

Ski/board divide issue
Usually its the young who go on about it,we dont care if you ski or board.
Its about mid age people who want to meet,make friends to ski/board together and like most people our age,chilled!
snow report
Me too - Facebook doesn't appeal and I'm reluctant to join just for this Sad I don't understand why there's the need to set up a separate 'club' on Facebook - seems a shame that such a group can't be managed on here - afterall that's where all the members are from Puzzled
ski holidays
queen bodecia wrote:
I don't do Facebook, it seems a bit scary to me...

However I am a 40-year-old ski enthusiast. Not in a position to join any groups as my ski holiday is all set for this season, but I will watch developments with interest for future reference...

Hi QB

Facebook is not that bad once you get used to it.

Keep your eye on the facebook page,the info will more than likely be there.
Hope you do join Smile
ski holidays
Rookie Headette, quite. I like the anonymity of snowHead and I'm not keen on the concept of Facebook...
latest report
Rookie Headette wrote:
Me too - Facebook doesn't appeal and I'm reluctant to join just for this Sad I don't understand why there's the need to set up a separate 'club' on Facebook - seems a shame that such a group can't be managed on here - afterall that's where all the members are from Puzzled

I am quite sure i can keep in touch with anybody on here who doesnt want to join facebook but is interested in the club.
If you want to PM me with your email i will keep you informed with any club news.

Can you tell me why you guys are scared of facebook? sorry if i seem ignorant its new to me as well
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowtheway2go, although I've often been pressurised by friends, I'm really reluctant to join Facebook. It looks a bit dating site-ish or too much like Friends Reunited (had to delete myself from there because I got spammed with emails from the college creep!)...\

Any chance you can post regular updates on here for those of us who aren't on facebook...?
snow report
snowtheway2go, I’m not ‘scared’ of it, it’s just from a professional point of view, it’s not something I should really appear on Cool
latest report
Rookie Headette wrote:
snowtheway2go, I’m not ‘scared’ of it, it’s just from a professional point of view, it’s not something I should really appear on Cool

Fair point and good enough
snow report
snowtheway2go, I'm not keen on facebook either, for various reasons, including those already alluded to. But no worries, I don't altogether fit your criteria of
Quote:

mid age people who want to meet,make friends to ski/board together and like most people our age,chilled!
More particularly, I'm beyond describing myself as 'over 40.' wink
Good luck with the venture, though, looks as though you've got lots of takers.
ski holidays
so can i just ask - what if you are 39? are you excluded until you "come of age"?? wink I love going on holiday with my friends who are a variety of ages, mainly 35-45. Seems a shame to exclude a large chunk of sociable single/solo people because they are one or two years younger than you?

just a thought!

sarah
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
snowtheway2go, I'm not keen on facebook either, for various reasons, including those already alluded to. But no worries, I don't altogether fit your criteria of
Quote:

mid age people who want to meet,make friends to ski/board together and like most people our age,chilled!
More particularly, I'm beyond describing myself as 'over 40.' wink
Good luck with the venture, though, looks as though you've got lots of takers.

Whats your criteria Hurtle,

And my view on the group might not be every ones views.
snow conditions
snowtheway2go, er, I like to meet and ski with people of all ages, I'm not desperate to make new friends (find it hard enough to keep up with the ones I've already got, particularly since they're spread all over the world) and 'chilled' isn't the first word I'd use to describe myself. And, ahem, 'mid age' could be pushing it. In all other respects, I'm probably tailor-made for your group! wink
snow report
queen_sheba wrote:
so can i just ask - what if you are 39? are you excluded until you "come of age"?? wink I love going on holiday with my friends who are a variety of ages, mainly 35-45. Seems a shame to exclude a large chunk of sociable single/solo people because they are one or two years younger than you?

just a thought!

sarah

Some of the guys who joined the club are married/girl friends and have younger partners.
Try and stop them coming. Laughing
So no to your answer,it will be fine
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
snowtheway2go, er, I like to meet and ski with people of all ages, I'm not desperate to make new friends (find it hard enough to keep up with the ones I've already got, particularly since they're spread all over the world) and 'chilled' isn't the first word I'd use to describe myself. And, ahem, 'mid age' could be pushing it. In all other respects, I'm probably tailor-made for your group! wink

I'm probably tailor-made for your group! wink[/quote]

Get yourself in the group then.

And why are you not chilled?or should i say more reserved
latest report
snowtheway2go,
Quote:

I'm probably tailor-made for your group!
That was meant as a joke.

No, not reserved. Actually, is 'chilled' a credible word for a person of 'over 40' to be using? wink Laughing

Don't mind me, I'm just a grumpy old crone - trust me, you wouldn't want me in your group anyway.
ski holidays
[quote="Hurtle"]snowtheway2go,
Quote:

I'm probably tailor-made for your group!
That was meant as a joke.

No, not reserved. Actually, is 'chilled' a credible word for a person of 'over 40' to be using? wink Laughing

I feel young,even at forty.
Maybe it was the wrong word to use.

You said it,old and grumpy,lol

I worked with a man who was 55,work with him for a year or so,he was a grumpy old man.
But he was one of the most interesting men i have ever met,when he was not grumpy Laughing
ski holidays
queen_sheba, Rookie Headette, queen bodecia, , [b]happy skier,

65 members in sno-age ltd

if you never got round to joining sno-age ltd on facebook
we are meeting at castleford on Sat 16th May,good if you can make it.
we are also trying to arrange a boardathon/skiathon for DSUK for the same date
would be good if you could take part

starting to plan a trip for Austria Feb 2010
dont miss that:lol:

take it easy

Drew

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=46819957764&ref=ts
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy