Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

They are still among us !

Poster: A snowHead
Red fartbag
Had a day at Glenshee today and while getting my boots on I saw this across the car park. What I particularly liked was the incontinence panel (the black section at the rear) which was either zipped, or velcro'd, to allow quick and easy access to the conveniences ! I saw the guy on the slopes later and the suit looked new, so they must still be making them !
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
deerman, that's nothing. have a look at this little beauty seen recently on the slopes of espace killy...

ps. i have no idea how to resize the pic. sorry.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gets you noticed though wink Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

which was either zipped, or velcro'd, to allow quick and easy access to the conveniences

I WANT ONE Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MarjMJ, I don't know, would have to be good quality velcro (thinking in particular of a spectacular wipeout that I had recently Laughing )
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
MarjMJ, It was made by North Face, but I can't see any suits on their website.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think the North Face one is actually for mountaineering.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well I think it's great that there are people who are more interested in getting up the mountains and out in the snow than whether they are going to be impressing the onlookers. Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
the reason for the "back" zip- is to alow the wearer to pay a (no2) call of nature whilst wearing a harness. Half way up a pitch you can't just call in at the local loo, so - when needs must ....
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wayne, what about the poor belayer beneath?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quick history lesson....

North face used to only make quality expedition gear back in the day, they had about 1/2 dozen or so types of jacket in half as many colours (expedition suits with zips could be seen on the slopes back in the late 80's and early 90's).

Bet the suit is from early 90's as is his ski's in the photo

EDIT: The rise to popularity in skiing was probably due to the likes of Plake, Hattrup and smidt jumping off cliffs with the gear on

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 26-01-10 22:45; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
http://uk.thenorthface.com/tnf-uk-en/women/jackets-vests/women-s-shugga-thatch-suit.html
http://www.backcountry.com/outdoorgear/The-North-Face-Himalayan-Snow-Suit-Mens/TNF3631M.html
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Glad to see they are still popular because it means you can play snooker with them. If you go first you have to spot a red one first. If the other player spots a red one first, then you've 'missed' and they have to spot a red before you. If they do, they then have to spot colour. Score it like snooker. Play with 15 reds and best of 21 frames over 5 seasons. Winner is the player who is still alive.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dwarf Vader wrote:
Wayne, what about the poor belayer beneath?

Was on a shot on tower ridge with my mate (linky boy) just before xmas. We were sat sitting on the douglas b just waiting and watching (as you do) 2 others who (sorry to say) didn't have a clue what they were up to. One of them was near the end of the easy slope above belaying on a stupidly long rope (looked like something off a clipper ship) and his mate was half way up the next scramble. all I can say is that the top bod used the north face zipper for a falling no2 - me n linky boy discussed (again, as you do) at length each downwards projectile. sorry no photos - that would be weird Toofy Grin

so..... the zip does get used now and again

oh - the best bit. we met up with the other 2 as they were looking at the gap, turns out they were girlies. Go Girls. So it wasn't his mate, it was her mate(ress).

Top Tip to anyone looking at the Gap - don't look for too long, it's too scary. Just either jump it or go down a bit and take the right hand steps at the bottom of the gap - bit of a reach then up again, but can be done in a single pitch (about 25ft). Next tip don't try and bung in a jammer into the big rocks just before the gap as they all move, which is "very" scary, best bet is to (if you really have to) just sling round the top slabs (about 8ft will do) and use that as a belay. If you're going to use the lower step over (to the right of the base of the gap) then get both of you down before you go up again or (if poo happens) then one of you is going for a really long swing on a much too long rope.
ooops wrong forum for stuff like that wink

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 27-01-10 8:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wayne, Laughing
latest report
Seen several snowboarders in Espace Killly with special one piece suits - they have a long torso and the short legs start at knee level
snow report
sherlock235 wrote:
deerman, that's nothing. have a look at this little beauty seen recently on the slopes of espace killy...

ps. i have no idea how to resize the pic. sorry.

Very dapper, the fart bag legs stuffed into the boots is a very nice touch.
snow report
oh yeah - even topper tip
If you go up tower ridge, and up (or over) the gap. You "Will" need to belay the very top section, as it's all lose and a long way down.
But then (please) take your gear off and stash it in your sack.
DON'T walk up to the top with your gear jangling around or you will look like a tw@t attached by an umbilical to another tw@t. The tourists who have just come up the path may be intrigued but everyone will just think – tw@t.

OK – back to skiing
Does anyone think I should
a] join the SCGB
b] wear a helmet
c] book a certain TO’s holidays
d] get off this key board and go to work (class in 30mins)

http://www.scuolascifolgarida.com/foto/test/categoria.asp?cat=75 (I really need a new name Madeye-Smiley )
snow report
They are still among us! They are still available ! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Gore-Tex-Nevica-ski-suit_W0QQitemZ150408336705QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Sporting_Goods_Skiing_Snowboarding_Clothing_LE?hash=item2305091541
snow report
icyjock, I couldn't avoid spotting this 80s classic amongst the 'most watched items' at the bottom of that page Shocked Very Happy
snow report
Beautiful ,im very tempted but I dont think I could bring myself to wear it.I have a photo of my better half taken in Bardoneccia many,many years ago wearing a Nevica jacket very similar to this suit.Cringe. : Embarassed
snow conditions
THE SEMINAL study of the subject is still to be found here:

http://www.fluorescentrompersuits.co.uk/
ski holidays
sherlock235, no need to be sorry - the pic opens up to a nice large version in a separate browser tab. Best way of posting pics for quick browsing of the thread, IMV.
ski holidays
We had a great hobby last season on our group trip to Grand massif of ski-suit hunting. Had to capture the most exotic examples of fart-baggery with extra points for appearing in the photo, preferably mugging furiously... A fine game which lead to many covert pursuits across the mountain.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy