Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Going to Madonna di Campiglio on 16 Jan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
with the guys. Any one been? If so can you recommend any good apres ski watering holes/cheap and cheerful restaurants? Cheers.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was there a couple of years back also with the guys. We were in bed by midnight most nights, we did hear of 1 or 2 clubs further down the village but never found them or any other night life for that matter, there is a stubi just off the top of the square down below ground level which was sometimes fun. Other than that we found little nightlife.
The mountains and the scenery however is just to die for, a little disjointed with link ups but a fantastic place to be.
Enjoy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheap and cheerfull - in Madonna!? Very Happy

It's a lovely place though. Mountain restaurants are very good. I can recommend Cascina Zeledria for lunch

http://www.zeledria.it/ristorante.php

(you can ski over to it from piste Blue 7 and they tow you back to the piste behind a sno-cat) or evening meal (BOOK!) - it's accessible by road too.

We always end the day in the Dosson at the top of Spinale , drinking Vino Caldo or hot chocolate, until the Carabinieri tell us we have to leave - at which point we have the red 27 run back to Spinali to ourselves and ski it almost as a downhill.

I'll be back there in March. snowHead Cool
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

you can ski over to it from piste Blue 7 and they tow you back to the piste behind a sno-cat

I have just come back from there and I second that recommendation. Don't get too drunk or it's an interesting tow afterwards..! I don't think you really need to book on the 16th as the resort will be empty. I'm back again on the 20th and expect our group to be the only ones on the slopes Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Really appreciate the heads up. We will definitely take up your recommendation and will be keeping the Snowheads up to date with the latest snow conditions when we get there. snowHead I guess the "cheap and cheerful" is all relative!!! After the shock Shocked last season of the increased cost of a small beer in Meribel Village (oh la la!) and Austria (eek), we were pleasantly surprised with the reports on the cost of a drink in Madonna!! Our little group likes to eat up the miles (rather than lunches) and finish with some refreshment (more liquid) Madeye-Smiley wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just returned from Madonna. Toofy Grin 6 days of glorious sunshine, Cool fantastic piste conditions and plenty of snow (off piste is tracked and crusty). Towards the end of the week the pistes were fast. Only bare patch we saw all week was at the top of piste blue 1 late afternoon which was not there the next day...due to great grooming. Scenery was simply stunning. We will definitely be going back in a couple of years time.

As the place is quiet in Jan we needed to search out the apres-ski Crying or Very sad Best music was between 12-3pm at the restaurant at Rif Bock (Passo Groste). Currently pumping out a mix of great dance music interspersed with a bit of pop on Sunday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Food was good there too (self service). Everyone was up and dancing. Good for lunch or a late pit stop post lunch. Great atmosphere.

In the evenings we ended up in the Stubbe, Suisse Bar or a snackbar/pub near the Padalago bubble (Coming down the hill from the bubble in the direction of the town you can see the sign on the right over the river. Cross the bridge by the bike/walking sign on the right and you are within 25 metres of the bar). They did some good snacks, soups, sandwiches, burgers etc if you have had a large lunch at Cascina Zeledria...(see davehk post on this). It wasn't so much "apres ski" as a quiet drink with friends in a cosy local bar. Much cheaper than Suisse Bar/Stubbe.

Best runs of the week: Black run 25 from Monte Spinale (max 70% gradient - can be avoided by taking the chair lift back up mid run). Red run 15 and Black run 6 in the Pradalago area.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pc, that sounds like a great trip. You hit it lucky with the weather. snowHead It's a stunning area, isn't it?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pam, Yes, we were really lucky with the weather. It was the best ski trip we have been on for weather conditions/visibility for ages and I just cannot get over how stunning the area is. Am in the middle of watching the men's world cup downhill from Wengen (Sky plus) and noticed that the weather for last weekend was fairly cloudy. After years of praying for powder this trip made me realise that great piste conditions and beautiful sunshine can actually be a close second to those glorious powder days! I would recommend the Dolomites to anyone - I am a complete convert!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy