Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GCSE PE Video - Montgenevre

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, we are going to Montgenevre in Feb half term and looking for someone who may be able to video my son for his GCSE PE - any suggestions? It's quite a clear list of what needs to be done but my skiing isn't good enough to be able to film him at the same time and to I wouldn't be able to keep up even without a camera !
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would get in touch with Go-Montgenevre, they have a massive presence in the resort and will probably know who’ll be able to help with this. Or if you’re having lessons, maybe the ski school can help?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks - we are not having lessons but will try Go-Montgenvre.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I did this for my son. I didn’t snowboard along side him. Most of the Time I stopped, filmed him coming towards me and kept going past me until I couldn’t see him.

Have a look on YouTube at gcse videos.
Some of them are crap but as long as it proves the standard it’s ok.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Long post of mine from another thread on the subject. Apologies for the length...

From https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/Physical%20Education/2016/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/GCSE-physical-education-2016-specification.pdf

"Appendix 4: Recording practical performances
The following guidance applies to Component 3: Practical Performance when recorded evidence is required for assessment purposes.
The purpose of the recording is to evidence all marks awarded. Therefore, all recordings must be made under controlled conditions.
All recordings must be a complete and unedited recording of each performance.
The camera must be positioned to ensure that the best possible and unobstructed
recording is made of the performance, as seen by the marker/examiner.
Each student should be introduced at the start of each performance. They should provide the
following information:
● student name and number
● performance role.
Before the assessment
Video evidence should be produced in a standard/common format, such as a DVD, or a ‘free to access’ IT application, such as Windows Media Player or Quicktime. This is important as it will ensure that the teacher/assessor is able to use the video for assessment purposes, and that Pearson will be able to use the video where necessary/appropriate for moderation.
Video evidence should clearly show all the assessment requirements of the selected physical activity and sport, which may require a combination of:
● wide-angled shots, to give an overall perspective
● closer range shots, to show aspects such as stance, posture and position
● close-up shots to show specific requirements and techniques, for example grips in golf.
Students being assessed must be easily identifiable. If the video shows the student in a team game, they should be clearly identifiable by a number, bib or a particular item of clothing. Centres must consider the responsibilities relating to the acquisition, and use, of alternative forms of evidence, for example the need for parental, or even student, consent relating to the use of video.
The following checks should be made to resources before the recording:
● ensure that the camera being used has the appropriate facilities for adjusting recorded sound levels – particularly if the camera is to be positioned some distance from the students
● check that the picture recorded by the camera is clear enough to identify individual students
● ensure that memory cards have sufficient space for each recording
● check the camera battery is charged and a power lead is plugged in/available if needed.
50 Pearson Edexcel Level 1/Level 2 GCSE (9-1) in Physical Education Specification – Issue 4 – March 2022 © Pearson Education Limited 2022
Student identification
● Plan students’ kits that will support identification on the recording, for example different coloured bibs.
● Test how these kits look on camera from an identification point of view, particularly for students in large groups.
● When watching work prior to the marking, check that students’ use of space can be captured by the camera.
● Ensure that students state their name, candidate number and role at the start of each activity.
Students are assessed as individuals and, as such, it is vital that they can be identified individually throughout all assessed performances.
Test the camera
● Record a small section of work (perhaps a small game/conditioned practice) using the actual camera needed for the performance with students.
● Check that an audio signal has been recorded and that students can be seen without obstruction and heard clearly.
● Adjust camera position and/or recording levels as needed.
At the beginning of the assessment
● Position the camera as practised.
● Film each performance, beginning with the student introductions. Each student must introduce themselves, with a clear pace and at audible volume, stating name, student number and role.
During the performance
● Check that recording is taking place for each group and that students are fully visible on screen.
● Check available power/battery/memory, as needed, in between the examination performances.
After the assessment
● Check the recordings, ensuring that each group has been recorded with audio.
● Ensure that all recordings are backed up as well as transferred to the appropriate format for assessment
● The recording should be saved with the centre number, qualification title and the relevant component number.
● Ensure that the recordings are kept secure until sent to Pearson and any backups kept safely until after Enquiries about Results.
Videoing, with activity specific examples
The following offers advice to centres in order to:
● Ensure the camera position is conducive to capturing what the moderator sees
● Balance the need to capture individual skills and team performance
● Capture multiple candidates"

And...

"Guidance on videoing individual activities
This guidance relates to: dance, athletics, cycling, diving, golf, gymnastics, equestrian, canoeing, rowing, kayaking, sculling, rock climbing, skiing, snowboarding, and trampolining.
If a candidate is being assessed as part of a group, we strongly recommend that the video is positioned to capture the whole performance, e.g. the whole stage for a dance routine. The camera could remain stationary to capture all candidates participating in the performance.
If only one person is being assessed, e.g. a solo dance routine, equestrian, etc., the camera could remain stationary to capture the whole routine. Alternatively, the recording could follow the candidate throughout the whole performance.
In relation to rowing, sculling, etc., evidence would have to be captured on the move."
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Need up to Feb HT to read through all that… Wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You assume we all read like you Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Brilliant - thank you so much !
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Hicksviv, We managed to film our daughter. I'd say you need to do the filming over at least two week long ski trips as you need to show improvement. It would also help to get feedback from the school on the first set of recordings so that any gaps can be filled in on the second trip. Check the criteria very carefully in advance with your school's PE department. I remember Apeak (ESI) ski school in Montgenevre being very good (in terms of ski lessons...didn't use them for GCSE recording). You could try asking them. I expect you'd need to book a few private lessons to cover recording the footage, a bit of coaching so that your child can show improvement and a further video recording to demonstrate it.

However I'm no expert on this. We never managed to get our final recording as covid lockdown stopped travel so the school had to go on the footage they had so far.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy