Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tools

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off for a week in Les Arcs in a couple of weeks. Having only got a couple of weeks under my belt I've never fiddled with the setup of the board. I'm probably going to change the angles this time though (after reading suggestions on here). What tool(s) do I need to do that?

Also, just out of interest, is it advisable for a 2 weeker to ride duck?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can ride duck at any time. Try it out for a full day and see if you like it. Also, make sure yu have your angles right - your lower leg should feel in a comfortable position, and not feel like it's being tourqued in one direction or the other. After a full day of riding duck you will know if you prefer duck or forward.
As for tools, all you need is a screwdriver. A normal screwdriver works fine, or, if you want to make on-hill adjustments, get one of those mini snowboarding/skiing screwdrivers.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
m00958, the best tool for the hill that I've seen is the one I use - a Burton Bullet tool - about £14. Many lift stations have screwdrivers but I would never rely on this. You should always carry a tool as screws can come loose and you should have the ability to tighten them up at any time.

No problem riding duck at any time.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the reply. When you say screwdriver, do you mean posi/philips or flat head? Having said that I have a driver that has changeable heads. Too big to take it up the slopes with me, but seeing as I won't be venturing to far that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

When you say:
Quote:

your lower leg should feel in a comfortable position
Do you mean my trailing leg? In other words; I ride regular, so you mean my right leg, yeah?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
m00958, every binding screw that i have seen has been philips (or is it posi - i never can tell). If carrying a tool or screwdriver in your pocket make sure that it cannot stab you when you fall over - this is one of the main reasons i like the Bullet tool.

I think ponder means the bit below your knee.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tony Lane, Ahhhhhh! Embarassed That would make sense! Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Indeed, I mean the bit below the knee Smile If your are riding an angle that is wrong for your body. You will often feel a bit of a tourqing (sp?) going on in your lower leg. You will either feel your knee being slightly twisted, or your foot pushing up against one side of your boot. When my angles are wrong I generally feel this in my forward/downhill leg, though I suppose you could feel it in either.
In general, if you loosen the screws that secure your binding to your board, but do not screw them out entirely, you can move the binding around to different angles. Loosen them like this, strap in, and play around until you find the angle that is most comfortable for you. Start off with 18 degrees on your front foot and -3 degrees on your back (if you are thinking of trying duck, as it sounds that you are) and go from there.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ponder, Cool. Thanks for the advice.

It's nice to have a bit of a discussion going on in the boarding forum Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Indeed, posts are sometimes few and far between here Smile
As for the screwdriver head, you need the one that looks like an "X" (not sure what this is called).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I picked up a tool from TSA thats pretty good. Very small. Basically, the attatchments fit inside and the top flips up so you can select the bit you need. No more than 3 inches by 2 inches. In Alpe D'huez this year it saved me a couple of times when my bindings worked loose. As far as I'm concerned its a "must have" piece of kit.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I never ride without my Cool Tool, it will do everything you need with your bindings.

I was recently out with some skiers, one of them fell and could not get one of his skis back on, closer inspection revealed that the toe clip of his binding had twisted through 90 degrees and was jammed. He was stunned when I whipped out the Cool Tool and we had him sorted in a couple of minutes. I told him all boarders carried one wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I use a Bakoda Jimmy Driver tool which is really good. It's kind of shaped like a T so once you've got the bit in, you get great purchase screwing and unscrewing.

http://www.boardtactics.com/prod/bakoda/Jimmy+Driver/

The bits fit inside the top of the T aswell, its a good design, i just noticed this season's version has a whistle built in, perfect for white out conditions or for calling wolves maybe...!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
m00958, PS/PZ 3 is the standard binding screw head sive and if you can get one use a diamond coated one. (about £10, just for the bit) it wont slip and will keep the slots in good condition for longer. Also take a little tube of non-permanent thread-lock, it'll keep things from losening and will keep your mounting threads in good nick.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy