Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Pants/salopettes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, can anyone recommend any good salopettes for me. Im a big lad, size 40-42 waist (yes im a fat ba***rd) depending on make and will spend up to £60. Ive always had gear from decathalon before, there inhouse brand, weedzee i think its called. Not bad but want a change. Any ideas and where to get them from? cheers snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi rick , try

http://www.dare2b.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category1_15551_35258_-1_35251_11551_35251

never had a problem with dare2b stuff for the kids , so imagine they are the same for adults , upto 40% off at the moment which get your there top of the range stuff in budget
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheers mate ive seen this stuff in decathalon aswell. anyone else know if its anygood at all???
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can't comment on the pants being discussed, just some advice based on personal experience. Pant's aren't an area you want to scrimp on, perhaps even more so than the jacket. Falling over, being bashed by ski lifts and apres shenanigans all make their mark, waterproofing being one of the first casualties. Cheap pants might last 2 trips, possibly 3 if you do little more than sit in the bar all day, but spend £100+ and you'll have pants that will last, disasters notwithstanding, anywhere between 5-10 trips depending, again, on use and abuse.

ps, and I approach this point carefully, if you are a large lad then quality build and, er, seam strength might figure highly on your wish list...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've had the same plain black Decathlon Quechua 'ski spirit' salopettes for years and over 100 skiing days including tumbles on rain soaked Scottish slopes. They've been washed in the machine several times too and they're still going strong. I don't remember what I paid for them but if it was more than £50 I'd be very, very surprised.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi , how about Nike ACG for £45 , I bought a pair a few month ago ,they were slightly more expensive then but seem great quality.Have used them several times , functional and very warm. Dont have ski edge protection on inner ankle area though. http://www.mandmdirect.com/products-Nike-Mens-ACG-Storm-Fit-Insulated-Pant-Black_NK9611.htm
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks for your ideas huys, moffatross, and Dr John, i totally agree. Strongs seams are a must have!!! i will look into it. has anyone ever come across a make cal "geographical Norway" i bought a paid in L2A 5 years ago and were great until i ripped them - my own fault really, not the design. just wondered???
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
have a look at columbia, not very funky but come in large sizes and you can get them from £60

there is also a brand called white rock that comes in ultra large sizes, love and piste and outdoor mega store used to sell them
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
TK Maxx
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dare2b is ok but not great for lasting but what do you expect for the price. It's a trade name for Regatta and also incorporates Craghoppers (a better more technical brand). I bought a dead cheap dare2be spring jacket that I run in, it lasted exactly 1 year before it died, they replaced it and already the design is fading on the replacement. never buy it at full price is my motto. always get that ubiquitous 40% off.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
poe, good call with Columbia, good rugged pants them.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
TK Maxx aslynseyf, says, you should find plenty of big name kit in your price range if you don't don't mind it being last seasons model or a production sample for next season. Always more choice of stuff at the top and bottom of the size range than in the middle as well.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
being in this season gear doesnt bother me in the slightest, it wont make me ski any better!!! will have a took at tk max i think, cheers.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy