Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Natwest black card off piste cover?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been trying in vain to actually clarify if the travel insurance with a Natwest black card actually covers off piste ski-ing.

I used to use AIG as they specifically say they cover off piste without a guide is covered (which I need) and since the cover is provided by AIG I assumed it would be exactly the same with the credit card. Yet after speaking to about 6 people I got 6 different answers and none sounded promising.

I spoke to multiple people including one from their "travel insurance" team but they just kept quoting me the "£10 per day for piste closure" stuff that is in the summary cover.

Has anyone taken this out and got a definitive answer?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If I could afford a black card I'd have my own private ambulance on standby Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ish303, Ask for a copy of the Policy document.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not sure what black card is, but I have travel insurance through NatWest Advantage Gold. The policy wording says:

Off-piste – skiing and snowboarding with a qualified instructor only.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i can confirm this aswell queen bodecia, off piste with qualified instructor only. think its £12 a month so take it out then cancel it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's £12.95 per month but that includes travel insurance, car breakdown cover, mobile phone insurance and a few other bits and bobs. For someone like me that never skis off-piste it's pretty good value.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ish303, I am going to suggest that you make sure you have very clear cover. That means the Black insurance probably isn't it. It isn't for me anyway.

We could never get them to confirm either whether the 21 day skiing limit applied to the usual piste closure crap or if you skied 22 days your entire travel insurance was invalidated. To me, 21 days of cover for piste closure applies only to that and you should still get repatriated if you have an issue. But there you go. Never wanted to and never have tested it.

I think you'll find that they have the usual weasel worded policy (I haven't checked mine recently) and so you'd best top up with something sensible.

riverman, the policy document, IIRC doesn't define closely enough.

queen bodecia,
Quote:

qualified instructor

is a bit tricky as most instructors are not qualified for deep off piste.

Just to go on a little, I could never find out if it covered me for the Inferno (a race that happens to be occurring this very weekend) so had to find insurance for that as well.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ish303, Welcome to snowHead

when you've had to be airlifted to hospital, do you want to be worrying about being covered or not..

Its not worth it so pay the money and get some proper insurance that covers off-piste...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ish303, sorry, missed that it was your first post, welcome!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name wrote:
ish303, sorry, missed that it was your first post, welcome!

i third that, hello snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the welcome all.

I've decided its not worth it and cancelled and gone with DirectTravel (underwritten by AIG) as it is very clear in their wording, covered off piste without a guide and it also clarifies ski-ing off piste in US as :

"in the United States of America and Canada, winter sports outside the defined boundaries of a resort unless accompanied by a locally qualified guide."

So OK for the back bowls.

riverman, I got the full policy wording but it completely omits the subject (which is what got me worried), it only talks about piste closure rebates etc.

Me and my mates have been with AIG (via Insure and Go) for a while and in the last few years had one girl snap tibia and fibia and on another holiday a mate puncture a kidney. In both instances they dealt with the claims extremely well and there wasn't any haggling or dangly bits trying to get stuff re-imbursed. So going with what I know.

The irony is that in the little booklet they send out they have a picture of 2 guys off piste about to start a run with the caption "its was just about here that I used to think 'are we covered for this'? Now I dont worry".

But clearly I should worry as I'd have been screwed if I had needed made a claim wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy