Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Skis (hire)?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Saalbach on Saturday Very Happy and I will hire skis. I have about 70 days skiing, all on piste and I'm fed up with naff skis so this time I want to ask for a specific model. I want skis that will perform well on fresh powder (on piste) as it looks like snow for the first half of the trip but I also want a ski that will perform well in typical spring freeze-thaw conditions! I usually go for 150cm length as I'm not necessarily a speed demon but like to make quick turns. However, I still need to ski faster than my less experienced husband, otherwise I'll never hear the end of it!

So please help!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rossingnol B2 Bandits?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hayley, you could try some specific ladies skis, most ski manufacturers list ladies models, lighter easier to iniatate turns etc. My wife uses Rossignol Saphirs and loves them. My daughter, who is a much more aggressive skier has just got some Dynastar 10s in 155cms and loves them, in fact so do I, I steal them from her at every opportunity.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks all. I have tried Rossignols and really liked them but they were an older model - C something? I'll see what they have. I can always swap them I guess.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Head impulse, Salomon 1080's and if the snow is really good Salomon Pocket rockets. All have soft flex, twin tip, good sidecut and are perfect for those who don't like to ski too aggressively. The 1080's and PR's are considerer premier skis and you'll pay a bit more for them.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've not skied them, but the B2 has certainly had some good write-ups this season. Austria and France tend not to like each other's skis so you may find that Rossis & Salomons are not available, if so try the Atomic R9.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
used the Rossi B2 in Whistler in January. Marvellous. If you are staying on piste the B1 might suit you.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
B1 or B2 are good skis - particularly for rental. I've heard some stories in the US of them not being particularly good quality as a long term buy - delaming/breaking issues.
If you're going into powder/off piste at all, go for the B2. It works well on piste and is OK in the fluffy stuff.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes I tried the B2s recently for an off-piste guiding day and was very impressed. Also good for carving on the piste too - good edge to edge movement and very stable at speed.

Have also tried the 1080s a few times - great fun in powder and for tricks, not so good for highspeed turns on hardpack though.

Have fun!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Colin wrote:
used the Rossi B2 in Whistler in January. Marvellous. If you are staying on piste the B1 might suit you.

I agree - of all the skis I hired in Lake Louise last month the B1 was top dollar. I was skiing exclusively on piste, with just a couple of unintentional powder excursions... snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You might try one of the Volkl Gamma series, too.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm an itermediate advanced skier & I'm 5ft 9in, is there any skis that would be suitable for me as i would tend to carve alot, but at the same time would like to improve my skiing techniques
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anyones that make you ski worse than me..... Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
do I know you. you have built up my confidence by half TC. probably see you on the slopes next JAN. FUN TIME!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy