Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mon 5th - how far south in UK has the snow reached ?

Poster: A snowHead
Am seriously worried about another traffic snarlup / gridlock because of the predicted massive dump of snow over the SOuth of UK this evening ..

anyone know how far it has reached thsi afternoon ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nothing in reading yet.

They are predicting 40cms on Beeb!
Quote from latest on BBC News weather forecast

"Brace yourself. If you have always been dis pointed by the snowfall in this country you might be about to be surprised"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/ click on the vid

Tux
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
London could get up to 40cm:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6976571.ece
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
nothing yet in Brighton
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We'll get a tiny spattering, probably something similar to just before Christmas and not up to the epic dump last Feb Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chucking it down on Salisbury Plain
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sev112, I would tell you.....but you don't seem bothered as to how it has affected us Ooop North.....so feck ya.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty the Snowman, we've got numerous threads about Scotland, Liverpool, Wales, Lake District etc. What's wrong with us in the south wanting be ready? After all the Met Office has issued an Extreme Weather Warning affecting the south east, whereas it's at a lower level for the rest of the country.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And you've had it for a few days already - by the looks of the numbers of you skiing on your natural steep slopes with edrag lifts on here wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman, You lot in the icy northern wastelands are use to harsh winters.
To us in the Beautiful South it is still a novelty Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman, typical chippy northerner... wink

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 5-01-10 16:13; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Good 6 inch in the Yorkshire Dales. But we are up North so brouhaha!!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
sev112, I would tell you.....but you don't seem bothered as to how it has affected us Ooop North.....so feck ya.

It hasnt shifted for two weeks............. rolling eyes

The best conditions are on the upper slopes.......... Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My mate has made it from Home in Watford to the office in Stockport for 7am. He was then locked in as the building was closed! Funny to me anyhow. Smatterings of snow all the way to Watford where he has just arrived home having being released early for good behaviour, - 11 hours well spent I say.. Tons in Liverpool. more than for the last 20 years certainly, but not enough to put my snowchains on for a bit of practice.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
another website that shows current UK rain/snow radar is http://www.raintoday.co.uk
snow report
Snowed in at home near York today. 6 inches of fresh powder in the garden this morning. At one point, Mrs Snowplough, 8 kids and two other parents were sledging on the slope down our garden. I'm stuck at my desk, cursing broadband that makes a full working day at home possible!

Good luck to anyone braving the snow. I know you southerners are soft to the core, but even so I felt for one of my colleagues who took 7 hours to get home 15 miles one day last week. This included abandoning his car and walking for the final 3 miles!
snow report
The Flying Snowplough, hour lunchbreak! That's what worked for me last Feb when I went skiing. Unfortunately I lost track of time ended up having to host a conference call with some senior managers from my Blackberry while walking back through town with skis over my shoulder. It was going well until I bumped into a bunch of kids who started following me shouting "Oi Mister, let me have a go on your skis" then started pelting me with snowballs.
snow report
It's just starting to bucket down in central London!!

Get home quick the lot of yer Shocked
snow report
Its starting in Padworth (just SW of Reading) nothing serious yet though
snow report
Raining in Fareham Sad
snow conditions
Pounding down in cheshire, has been pretty much for 24hrs, gotta be 8-10 inches, not a ski tow in sight mores the pity Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
tiffin, Freddie Paellahead, I suspect you are going to get dumped on from a great height
ski holidays
Down in Hereford
snow report
3 inches in Cirencester so far but just easing offf.
More predicted tonight so my gear is coming out the loft tonight !!!
Powder day tomorrow............
ski holidays
PBJ, where are you heading for some turns tomorrow am? I'm tempted by Cleeve Hill if Mrs Haddock is prepared to provide the uplift.
latest report
Mountain Haddock, fancy hucking off Leckhampton Hill? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
We had a couple of mm's down here in Jersey this morning but it's all gone now.Didn't take long! More forecasted for tomorrow though Smile
ski holidays
Snowing heavily now in Lyndhurst
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hey Haddock and Andy - Lilley Brook golf course has a couple of good spots on Leckhampton Hill !!!
Problem is going to be getting there. Does Mrs Haddock have a helicopter ?
I have a small hill in Baunton just North of Cirencester that I can walk to ....... lets see what it is like.
ski holidays
6-8 inches here (Sherwood Forest, Notts). Leaving work in half hour or so, I think most of the main roads have been cleared as traffic seems to be flowing. Still snowing lightly and hasn't really stopped all day.
snow report
Now snowing heavily in Fareham, loads of great big heavy flakes which are settling on everything (including the "salted" roads) Shocked
snow report
Nothing on the North of the M25 yet, but traffic starting to build up a bit due to rush hour. All it will take is a couple of flakes of snow and we'll be heading for gridlock.

Left work early following Xmas week 4.5hr trek.

Anybody know any good places to ski near Hemel? If we get 25cm tonight it's got to be a goer for some urban touring.
snow report
PBJ, that might explain the overdraft! Not sure I fancy hucking off anything higher than a bunker lip into 3 inches of snow, although more is forecast for later tonight.
snow conditions
raining in Bournemouth Sad Skiing up at Val D'Shaftsbury if it snows for heavily for a couple of days, early season meet up at spreadeagle hill anyone ?? This time I'm taking a camera.
latest report
Met the snow at around 4:15 this evening between Stafford and Uttoxeter, quite a bit here at home near Matlock and apparently its been snowing on and off all day.
snow report
Been snowing in Eastleigh (Hampshire), stopped down though, looks like a couple of centimetres.
snow report
Back home in on the edge of Derbys/Notts now. Roads were empty of cars on the way home but rather snowy. Lucky I like driving in the snow! Very Happy
ski holidays
Still at it here.

Is this the south or in the north Puzzled
snow conditions
I'm in the middle! lol! Still snowing lightly here. The heavy snow was for 2-3 hours this morning, and it has been mostly snowing lightly all day since then.
snow conditions
Same here, in the middle (well actually one of the many places that claims to be dead centre is about 15 miles south of here so guess that makes it north!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy