Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboards on eBay with scratches on them - bloody skiers!

Poster: A snowHead
I notice quite often that when 2nd hand boards on eBay are sold with minor damage to topsheets and edges, the seller quite often makes an offhand remark about skiers.

e.g.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320507546573
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230454052599
and I've seen it a few other times as well.

I don't have any point to make here, it just made me laugh.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
it used to drive me nuts in lift queues, particularly when my board was brand new and unblemished, when skiers would repeatedly bump into or ride over the board. recently i got fed up and tried just taking the board off for queues and doing the front binding up again when i'm about to get on the chair.

it makes for a much less stressful queueing experience and also makes it almost impossible for someone to bunk past you.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
monkey, I've taken my ski's off for the same reason, theres one lift in Champagny where the queueing area is S shaped so ski's off makes queueing much easier.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 25-03-10 17:55; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
They're doing it deliberately you know. Skiers always take great pains never to let their skis touch another skier's skis, equitette demands! But they regard you 'snowsurfers' as filth and deliberately tread on you whenever possible.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
paulio, Both your boards look like good bargains to me wink Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
That 1p one especially.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Burton-Bullet-164-Freestyle-ATP-bindings-and-bag_W0QQitemZ230451793653QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Sporting_Goods_Skiing_Snowboarding_Snowboards_CV?hash=item35a7ff4ef5
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It has bullet holes in and he is worried about ski scratches? I detect an agenda here wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
He was probably trying to board over the skier at the time
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
lol sorry to say but skiing is gay compared to snowboarding and that is how it is, skiers really know this deep down THEY have to lol
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

sorry to say

no you're not. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Was just thinking about it, if i was a skier and i seen this snowboarder flying past me i would be like o f snowboaders, but inside i would be jealous for sure, as one snowboarders dress better, look amazing doing tricks and jumps, if i was a skier doing a jump after a snowboarder i would be like oh god do i really ski lol, time to get a board. Whats all this about skiers thinking boarders are scum, Jesus sorry skiers just come across like snobby stiffs, stop stomping our boards and just face that really deep down you want a snowboard lol. but are to stiff to be flexible lol NehNeh
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hilarious, utterly hilarious. Snowboarders complaining about skiers while enjoying resorts, staying in accommodation, eating in restaurants, drinking in bars, sitting on lifts and riding down pistes that have all been created, run, and maintained by, er, skiers. I don't give a fig what method someone chooses to slide down a mountain, but the vitriol that some snowboarders have for skiers while enjoying infrastructure that wouldn't exist if it weren't for skiers is almost wilfully obtuse.

Let's try an experiment and take a resort, ban skiers, and see how long it lasts with snowboarders revenue alone. I guess it wouldn't last haf a season.

Fools.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ok lets twist your words a bit, yes skiers brought forth the ski resorts, hence they only became interesting when snowboarders hit the scene, lets be honest, a pack of skiers on a piste does not have the same flair as having a few snowboarders thrown in the mix, without us resorts would be full of tight pants wrinkleys and those bloody ski sticks, behold the snowboarder as he whizzes past your grey hair flapping in the wind, and without our flair and style, the piste would be a grim place indeed.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh and by the way i think your mistaken about snowboarders budgets, as we are a sports group who take pride in our looks on the piste therefore suggesting money is not a problem when it comes to doing something as great as snowboarding, ask any snowboarder would he be happy in a resort without skiers and you would get a LOUD yes, in fact i think it would be very lucrative indeed as we would flock to such a resort. O i wish, well maybe its on the horizon. Razz
snow report
Vive la différence, we can both agree on that. Regarding the grubby subject of money, it wan't the individual budget I was thinking of (although I'd wager that on average the disposable income of skiers is far in excess of boarders), more pure numbers, there 'aint enough of you to sustain even a small resort, never mind the miles of piste required for a good week. As for fashion, ski and snowboard apparel is fairly interchangeable these days, it's just that skiers know how to use a belt and dont subject other people to a grandstand view of our underwear.

The whole skiers v snowboarders thing is a bit of a red herring anyway. I don't know of any serious snow sport enthusiast who cares about how many planks are used to slide with, and most do both disciplines anyway. Having an entrenched view one way or another is a big indication of the experience and maturity of the person preaching.

btw, if the business case is so strong for a boarder only resort, why hasn't it been done or even attempted? (ready to be corrected here)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 1-04-10 22:26; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
I don't know of any serious snowsports enthusiast who doesn't do both. Sticking doggedly to one discipline, and - especially - expending energy denigrating the other, is evidence of an off-the-scale result on the lame-o-meter.

Welcome to snowheads eretochat!
snow report
In some resorts skiers are banned from snow parks as their looking to promote the snowboarding side, and to be honest id rather see some guys hot ass slightly peaking out on a snowboard than a tight pants skier whos package is getting squashed in a unnatural manner. To be honest i just cant agree that all sport enthusiasts would agree with your comments, ive heard skiers complain loudly about snowboarders just going to the lifts, tight asses to be honest, there is always this air of o we are more entitled to be here than you crap, not from all skiers mind, but im guessing you are one of those idiots who sticks his british nose up in your tight ass pants. I also wonder why a boarder only resort has not been done it would be amazing, i can def see it though.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 1-04-10 22:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
paulio def dont agree that all serious sports enthusiasts do both thats utter crap, each to his own just expressing my thoughts on skiers isnt that what forums are about. Funny the reactions im getting lol snowHead
snow conditions
I think the pecking order is as follows: from coolest, to least cool.

Me.
Other people who do both skiing and snowboarding.
Skiers.
Snowboarders.
Needlessly argumentative snowboarders who have only a toddler's grasp of the English language.
You.
latest report
I definitely would not ski needing four things to keep me upright lol, with snow sports evolution man has evolved to ride on one board, well some of us anyway Madeye-Smiley
snow report
I am just going to say this to you paulio anyone who decides to write a pecking order with the title coolest to least cool, must be very uneducated, this is not a competition, i am just expressing my thoughts on skiers O god you must has delusions of grandeur, the way you wrote your little piece, disturbing really putting yourself at the top lol, and such a stupid thing to say snowboarders have a toddlers grasp on the English Language, really mate get a life its a bit sad, i kinda feel embarrassed for you.
ski holidays
paulio, loving your work

eretochat, hook line and sinker, get a grip
ski holidays
I shall leave you now as i have better things to do like scratch my butt, Slan.
latest report
I look forward to annoying you all soon, as its obviously so easy to do lol. Little Angel
latest report
omfg, do we have a genuine snowpa-troll? this thread is hilarious. Laughing
snow conditions
paulio, Leave the teenagers alone, go pick on someone your own age Twisted Evil Laughing
latest report
Quote:

Sticking doggedly to one discipline, and - especially - expending energy denigrating the other, is evidence of an off-the-scale result on the lame-o-meter.

Laughing

Actually, the anti-skier belligerence demonstrated here is fairly unusual. There's a lot more anti-snowboarder stuff about, generally speaking. I enjoy watching skilled people on boards, skis, telemarking, cross country skiing etc etc. I am wholly indifferent to what they are wearing; must be my age. My age is also responsible for my deciding that it's too late for me to try to learn to telemark. I do the others with varying degrees of success.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
paulio, another one reeled in and landed Laughing
ski holidays
eretochat wrote:
I definitely would not ski needing four things to keep me upright lol, with snow sports evolution man has evolved to ride on one board, well some of us anyway Madeye-Smiley

...until he gets to that flat bit and has to be dragged along using his skier mate's pole Laughing

Actually boarders, good boarders, really do look cooler than skiers...but what a pain in the ass having to unclip at chairs and shuffle along on the flats.
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, I think the Freestyle and Freeride skiers have made skiing cool again, and can't skiers pull off more complex tricks than boarders, or am I mistaken here ?
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, unclipping at chairs really isn't that much faff.... I returned to skiing this year, and tbh the poles were as much a faff as anything (but I had a good time on ski's and enjoyed re-learning!) In terms of flats... a half decent boarder usually doesn't have a problem - most flats can be gotten past on a board with enough initial speed.
snow report
This is not a bloody skiers vs. boarders thread.

Everyone f*ck off please.
snow report
IncogSkiSno, nope, you're not, and trying to land a spin or flip controlling two skis is more difficult than one board, and there is more freedom of movement and expression with skis (as told to me by a freestyle skier, ex snowboard freestyler who got bored with, ahem, boards)

The "boarders are cooler than skiers" chant is about 5 years out of date now. It's time boarders moved on from that old position, otherwise they risk sounding like the old fashioned dinosaurs. How d'you like that for irony?
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott wrote:

Actually boarders, good boarders, really do look cooler than skiers...but what a pain in the ass having to unclip at chairs and shuffle along on the flats.

Nah its ok - normally we go so much faster than the skiers that we've unclipped, x-country boarded and are in the bar with a beer before the skiers get there *

* based on statistics taken on trips in Morzine 2008, St Anton 2009, Les Arcs 2009 and St Anton 2010 Very Happy

Im a pretty fast skier and I cant get as fast as the boarders.

Oh and whoever made the "infrastructure" comment -wtf? thats like saying all car drivers should be grateful to horses for roads
snow conditions
I think in order of gayness, from screaming gay to just really gay:

Skiers who play golf
Golfers who ski
Skiing
Golf
Quiche
ski holidays
Quote:

thats like saying all car drivers should be grateful to horses for roads

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
What is this "cool" that you all refer to? Where can I buy some?
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
What is this "cool" that you all refer to? Where can I buy some?

That's the trouble, you can't ...........it exists only in the eye of the beholder Toofy Grin (and their vision may change over time anyway Laughing )
snow report
Iski wrote:
... it exists only in the eye of the beholder Toofy Grin

There seem to be rather a lot of myopic snowsport aficionados!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy