Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Risoul

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm about to book for Risoul last week in jan/first week in feb. There are 7 of us including two first timers, the rest of us are all competent boarders/skiers. I've always fancied going here but never got round to it. What can i expect from:

the area
apres ski (need some live bands)
hotel morgan (basic,but looks ok)
transfers from grenoble (how long)

cheers, happy new year!
Andy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, I stayed at Le Morgan a couple of years ago when it was run by Crystal. It is a basic, but comfortable hotel. We had a room in the eves with twin beds in a small room, and bunks in the 'corridor' opposite the bathroom. It was fine for us, and the food was excellent.

The skiing is good, with access literally just over the road. My only criticism is that it all funnels back to this point at the end of the day (by which time the sun has gone and it is freezing!). Ski to Vars which is very open for variety.

Can't comment on the apres ski as I travelled with children, but did enjoy a very nice fondue just opposite the hotel!

We transferred from Turin, which was a long drive (3hrs +). The last hour or so is up hill on very windy roads, so if anyone suffers from travel sickness, take some tabs!

I guess you are going with Rocket/Equity. Just returned from Serre with them and was happy with everything except Monarch. Don't expect to be on time!!

Have fun!

KtK
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ktk, welcome to Snowheads. A very informative first post! andyjc, I suspect you might struggle to find many live bands.....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Morgan has a good chef this season.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cheers ktk. So long as there is a bed,hot water and half decent food we will be ok, we've got a great deal £239 each half board including flights,transfers and ski carriage! I'm not expecting luxury for that!

Lizzard...do you know him/her??!! if we bung em 20 euros each will we get an extra chop?

pam w i can't find much out about apres,there seems to be quite a few bars,but i don't know if any of them have live music.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ditto stayed at the Morgan with Crystal about 3 years ago - good crew of staff, excellent food (but obviously this can change although seems like you may be lucky if Lizzard has inside knowledge).
Rooms were basic but clean, plenty of hot water, cold balcony for the beers (weren't really expecting anything else for the price!)
Very good location - just a stagger across the road to the slopes. When we went I had only just learnt to ski, had variable quality lessons from ESF for me and the kids (theirs excellent, mine a bit too challenging in that rather French ski instructor way!). Other half enjoyed his free skiing - there's quite a variety and plenty of scope for a week if you include Vars. All local runs lead back to the resort which means you tend to end up there for lunch but that's no bad thing if you have a mixed group.

Don't expect the nightlife is huge - went with young kids so didn't experience much of it! Obviously some key bars at the time and I think one club!

Transfer from anywhere not quick - about 3 hrs for us but from Turin. Have just come back from Montgenevre and flew to Grenoble - on the way to the resort time to Briancon about 2 hrs - getting back yesterday left Montg at about 1.30 arrived Grenoble just before 5!!! On the plus side the scenery is very pretty!!!! on the pass over!

Would quite like to go back to Risould now we're all better skiers - enjoyed it lots - have fun!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
just to bump this back up the list....does anyone know if there is bands in any of the bars?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
andyjc, Who did you book this with? and when? Thats a fanyastic deal Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes it is a fanyastic deal!
Rocketski... I know the 30 Jan is sold out now but I believe they are advertising the 16 jan at 259. We have 3 sharing a room,each person gets 50 quid off for 3 sharing, so 16 jan would be 209!
The place is pretty basic but tripadvisor reports are fairly good and Lizzard says the chef is good this year.
We have a weeks holiday half board,flights,transfers,ski carriage and lift pass for £390!
I'vw always fancied skiing Risoul,so, job done! Loads of snow there as well!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
andyjc, Did you phone them to get this package, I lust got a pop up box to say my dates are within the late booking period but cant find a means of getting same package as you have? The lift pass option gives skis, boots and insurance, I want carriage like you.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I booked with Rocket for Christmas to Serre Che. I had a query, so rang, and they gave me the online booking discount on the phone anyway. Very friendly, helpful service, I found.

Karen
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
youngeratheart, no, just went through the booking process and it gives you the option to select room numbers for your party once you have done this the on-line discount and room discount is displayed. You can ring them and they will sort it for you as well. Like I said I think the 30th is sold out now, but i believe the 16th is available at 259 for two sharing a room and 50 quid off each for three sharing. You can also get quad rooms with even more discount.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
andyjc, Thanks, I rang them, so waiting for a fellow snowHead to get back to me when she returns from Meribel. Dont even know if its the right thing for her but you never know whos out there looking for the same week as me Toofy Grin

x fingers I find a buddy before it goes Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy