Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenvre apartments

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking for some information on the location in resort of the Hameau des Airelles apartments in Montgenevre. In particular, is there any uphill walking involved in getting from it into the resort. Going next Easter with family and inlaws, and mother inlaw has decided to stop skiing now because her hips are too sore. Therefore don't want her to have to much of an uphill walk to get to or from the apartment as she struggles a bit with hills.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Please don't say anything too nasty, anyone, as I think this is the place that I have an apartment booked for next January while we have our chalet let for a week.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It sounds really nice, small lounge area with fire, pool and sauna. It's just going to be annoying if its a long uphill slog to get into the village.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Davef - we stayed in these appartments at Easter. The walk to town is slightly downhill - about 15 mins - an easy walk if not carrying skis. However if it snows it might be a bit slippy on the pavements to for your MIL as Hameau des airelles is slightly out of town so the pavements are not walked on as much. I think your MIL would be fine in this residence as during the day there is a yellow bus which goes regularly between the residence and town so your MIL could maybe walk there and bus back. It is very slightly uphill on the way back but you can go into the building through the basement car park avoiding the little hill at the end.

Have you been to montgenevre before? It is a great resort and we liked it so much we are going back in Jan.

The hameau des airelles appts are nice but I would go for a slightly bigger appartment than you need as the room dimensions aren't that generous. The swimming pool is nice but is all outside - some brochures say indoor and outdoor but the indoor bit is 1 metre. Book the steam room area on arrival because they only let a few in at a time. You can carry your skis across the road and start skiing down to tremplin chair so you do not have to start off in the centre of the village. If you need ski school for anyone in your party take the yellow bus to the village - it circulates every few minutes at ski school time. We used Apeak who were very good.

If you haven't yet booked also look at chalet les dolines a new MGM residence. We have booked this one as the MGM residences tend to have bigger pools, more steam rooms etc and be a bit more luxurious. However we would have happily gone back to les airelles - was fine.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks snowymum, it sounds like its in a good position. Not been there for about 20 years (god that makes me sound old!), but really enjoyed the skiing then especially the run down into Claire from colletta verde (?) The rooms should be ok as we're booking a 2-6 and a 2-4 but will check out the otherwise you mentioned.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not sure how long ago they by-passed the town with a tunnel so the traffic is much less. Was it already done when you were there before davef? Before that I am told the Italy / France road traffic was the notable drawback of this very good resort.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davef - I think you will find the resort much improved. There is a new ski area - serre thibaud and there are a couple of new telemix lifts. Also the road tunnel mentioned by snow ball. You will probably recognise some of the chair lifts in claviere! We enjoyed skiing in claviere particularly the red runs in the gimont area. there were a couple of runs we didn't have time for in montgenevre- one is the red from top of colleto verde back to Montgenevre. Looking forward to doing that next time.

The new area of the village where hameau des airelles is located has its own ski hire shop and supermarket. There is also a nice looking restaurant at hotel chalet blanc (a few mins from H des A) - your MIL might like a meal there. The new MGM residence chalet les dolines is just behind le hameau des airelles - it was being built when we were there in April and should be finished for the start of the season.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowball, they hadn't done the bypass when I was last there. The traffic didn't seem too bad though.
Snowymum, we stayed in Claviere last time and skied from the top of colletto verde back to Claviere with no stopping and no poling, the legs were a lot fitter then! If I remember correctly, it wasn't the link from Claviere to the rest of the mlky way wasn't very reliable and was prone to close if too windy. Hopefully its a bit better now.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dave
i was same as you hadn't been since 1985
the road just goes under centre of the village pretty about 20m nearer the hill than the original road, you don't notice but when youy finish skiing at Prairial you go up aboutb 10 steps to the bars and restaurants. in the day time there is a free yellow minibus that takes you back to the apts. we were 2 in a 4 berth apt so never needed to use the bed settee in lounge. one good thing in the apts is the loo is seperate to the bathroom. the restaurants are good for lunch time meals but not as good in the evenings if you have fussy child diners. Prices are not too extree either we were having 2 crepes, a soft drink and liquer coffee at the mountain cafe for about 11 euro.
book your skis online yourself with Twinner the shop is 30m away near the bakers we had our skis by 1pm on day of arrival before the package tour rush, and saved 1/3
any more info let me know
hi again snowymum
xxx
Geoff
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all, may pick your brains a bit closer to the time.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy