Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurostar and options for this Saturday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

I have organised a ski trip for myself and friends this year and thought rather than having the hassle of flying we would tootle down to the alps on the train, chunnel, eurostar malarky.

The other week Eurostar suffered a few problems with frozen snow melting and water getting into the electrics.
No worries - was shorted and eurostar was running again.

However - this morning I've just heard that a train has stopped in the tunnel again.
Eurostar (via twitter) have said: The train stuck in the tunnel will be moving shortly and believe that there will be minimal disruption to today's services.

And then went on to say: You should still check-in 30 minutes before your departure time, however your service may be subject to cancellation or delay.

We're mean't to be getting a train at 10am on Saturday (9th Jan) from St Pancras.

Anyone else in the same boat (or train)?
Anyone have or can suggest a backup plan?

If the train is cancelled - what can I do?

Any thought on this would be really useful.

Cheers guys,

Pete
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Im also on the Ski Train this sat, im personally going to plan a route, get snow chains and book a boat crossing and drive if the train in cancelled.
I feel sure they will get the ski train on its way above other non so inportant trains. Ive Emailed Eurostar for addvise but had no reply as yet.

Good luck to everyone traveling this weekend.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Last few weeks, Baboo flying out of Oxford to Geneva (2pm take off time - see other threads on snowHead) have had plenty spare seats, and have had a large number of affected Eurostar passengers coming in at the last minute:

http://www.flybaboo.com or http://www.oxfordairport.co.uk

last 'official' check in time is about 30 mins prior, but given the nature of the operation, I'm sure if you phone from the car they'd cope with you getting to the airport up until about 10 to...

Of course you will need the capacity to get up the M40 to junction 8... weather/transport conditions permitting
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
does anyone know what happened to the saturday eurostar before Xmas..did those poor folk ever get to their holidays. We're going on Eurostar in March...hope the eurostar will be working by then!

Is there a back up option of getting normal train to ferry, ferry, normal train to paris and then connecting with a train to the alps if eurostar has probs? I feel Eurostar should have a back up train ferry train option or coach ferry option to get people to their destination.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was in Brussels for that weekend and supposed to be getting the Eurostar back on the Sunday night. By Sunday they still didn't know when they would be running again - people were being told that they could wait or could make their own way by various connecting trains to Calais then the ferry. We did that on Monday (it was 5 connecting trains to Calais in the end!) and the whole journey took about 13 hours from Brussels Midi station to my house in north London (about half an hour from St Pancras) - would have been a good hour less if I hadn't got caught in the blizzard in London in a taxi from London Bridge station mind you.

There was no help from Eurostar in arranging the alternative transport apart from a print-out from an internet route planner of the trains to get. They told us to keep our receipts to be reimbursed but we had to pay ourselves in the meantime, with the exception of the train from Dover to London which was free for Eurostar ticket holders.

I would hope there might be a direct train from Calais to Paris so could be a bit easier than from Brussels but I wouldn't count on any help from Eurostar.

Quote:

does anyone know what happened to the saturday Eurostar before Xmas..did those poor folk ever get to their holidays.

I believe they started running again on the Tuesday (with a reduced timetable) and by Christmas Eve they were saying that everyone who had bought tickets should be able to use them.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Eurostar say the ski train is to run as normal on sat 9th Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I read that this morning whilst franticly checking their website.

Our train on the way back is via Paris so hopefully everything is sorted out by next weekend. Very Happy

Thanks for all your replies.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
EUROSTAR***REDUCED SERVICE ANNOUNCED FORTHWITH***

-----------------QUOTE-------------
Eurostar Update Friday 01:00 GMT

Because of the current severe weather conditions Eurostar will continue to run a restricted service up to and including Sunday 10th. If you do not need to travel we recommend you cancel or postpone your trip.

In light of the above we are running a restricted service on Friday 8 January with a number of cancellations, including our very early morning and late evening services. Disney and Ski services are running normally. Please click the link below to see how this may be affecting your trip.

Also, there may be additional delays or last minute cancellations. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
-------------------------------------

link> http://www.eurostar.com/UK/uk/leisure/customer_care/questions_answers.jsp

homepage> http://www.eurostar.com
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy