Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New glove time...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking for new gloves. I've been using TNF Montana gloves for around 2 seasons now and they've been fine, but not very hard wearing and occasionally bulky feeling around the fingers. I also suffer from cold hands sometimes and would like a glove with a bit more of a gauntlet that is easier to get over my jacket cuff.

I'm quite keen on having a glove with a fleece insert as it would allow me to take the liner out and dry it over night.

I like the look of these Marmot Snowdrift.

http://www.facewest.co.uk/Marmot-Snowdrift-3-1-Glove.html

I'd also be open to suggestions of mitts. I've never skied in mitts before so how do users find them when handling poles etc.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hestra make some really good gloves/mits. Had a pair of their top range mits for a couple of seasons and been really happy with them in cold weather. This is the glove version of the same ones.
The mits are warmer and although slightly more awkward to hold poles, it's never caused a real problem for me. I do have a pair of gloves too for when it gets too warm for the mits i.e. above freezing.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 5-01-10 17:10; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any glove from the Hestra Alpine Pro range.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
shoogly, you can also get thin merino or cotton inner-gloves and use them with gloves without a removable liner. I used to do this with my racing gloves, using cricket inner-gloves to help prevent them ponging too much.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm in the same situation. I got through two pairs of the Montana gloves last season (they were in a sale so when one ripped open from ski edges they were the easy replacement). Skiing pow in a blizzard last week I discovered that they aren't even the slightest waterproof anymore (I've only had these since feb last year, although with admitedly heavy use).

I will be going with Hestra for the replacement. Quite a bit more expensive, but the leather is so soft and seductive I can't resist. They're supposed to be pretty rugged too, so hopefully will last a little longer...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was wondering about the Extremities Super Inferno. Anyone had them?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you can source Gordini gloves- they're fantastic.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davelebus wrote:

If like me warmth is the most important thing then i strongly recommend Gordini mits http://tiny.cc/gordini_mits

Okay, they are not the coolest looking things and they are a bit cumbersome, but they are SO WARM - I will never buy anything else and they are the one item that I recommend to everyone i speak to who goes skiing/boarding
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
scooby wrote:
davelebus wrote:

If like me warmth is the most important thing then i strongly recommend Gordini mits http://tiny.cc/gordini_mits

Okay, they are not the coolest looking things and they are a bit cumbersome, but they are SO WARM - I will never buy anything else and they are the one item that I recommend to everyone i speak to who goes skiing/boarding

Having said all that, these look pretty snazzy!!

http://www.backcountry.com/outdoorgear/Hestra-Hestra-Heater-Glove/HES0094M.html
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Our TK Maxx had just one single pair of Giordinis - but too small for me Sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hestra every time
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hestra or Degre Deer gloves.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy