Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best laid plans - Chambery again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Just got a call to say our flights have been changed from Chambery to Grenoble and quite a few hours later. Hm. Fair play to the company (Snowjet) they have offered to pay any reasonable extra cost incurred for our transfer. We were booked on the Altibus for 200 euros. Any suggestions for alternative transfer method appreciated. We are going Boxing Day arrive Grenoble !4.45 and are going to Belle Plagne. Poo.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hire car?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Shimmy Alcott, Try the transfers page for Grenoble airport. Agbus go to BSM.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nearest railway station to La Plagne is Aime, I think - if that helps. Moutiers is not that far away either. That Agbus Colin has linked to also stops at Aime & Moutiers.
Loads of tours ops use Moutiers as a transfer point - big bus airport to Moutiers station carpark, then mini buses up each valley. You might be able to bum a lift on a minbus.
Good luck.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mini adventure - all sorted.

Lovely Snowjet people have agreed to pay for a private transfer from Grenoble. How great are they?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Crystal did the reverse on us earlier this year. We now fly to Chambery, not Grenoble. The desitination change was no problem, but the flight times were not as good. Instead of arriving in La Plagne at midday we now arrive at about 9pm with two sleepy (read - whinny) infants. I was really annoyed at the time but the normal Crystal T&Cs say - get over it you big loser - we can change your flights whenever we see fit and you have to live with the consequences. We appreciate that this is a pain in the bum for some people but it makes life easier for our company. We're amaizing and you suck. Now you pop off and have a lovely trip. (well thats what i read anyway)

This snowjet company sound OK though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Best kind of advertising they can get, and a nice result.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shimmy Alcott, Glad you have got sorted at no extra cost, I was going to pop down and pick you up Toofy Grin wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boredsurfing, wink I knew I could count on you....but just incase.... Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Flying into chambery on boxing day to go to belle plagne. We are flying with Jet2, haven't been getting any calls. Quite worried actually
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Shimmy Alcott, Many thanks for the information - we are on the same flight next week - have a great week and Merry Xmas of course
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rizzler, It was only because they didn't have a pilot qualified so I'm sure your flight will be ok.

parallel lines, Thanks, enjoy yours too.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
turned up at the airport boxing day to be told the flight had been changed again, we would now flu into Lyon, they would then take us to Chembery by bus - what use is that when we've now booked another transfer from Grenoble rolling eyes Managed to book another transfer from Chambery so trip would now be fly to Leon, bus to chambery then transfer to ~Belle Plagne. Then........they lost ph's ski boots so by the time we'd filled out the form snowjet had decided everyone must have left already and the bus went without us. Now stuck in Lyon with no transfer and it was 6pm, pich black and kids fed up - but being very good. anyhow managed to book another transfer ourselves (we have paid over £1000 for this transfer/s now). Each time Snowjet said they would re-imburse us. Fingers crossed Shocked Anyhow, having a fab time, blue skies first morning then snowing ever since (a bit of rain today). Hope all the bad luck was used up on us and al TOM2626 flights run smoothly from now on.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shimmy Alcott,

Thanks for your info.

A group of us are due to fly out on the 9th January using the same flight and with it being our first time of travelling independantly we are hoping that we do not suffer the same sort of problems. Hopefully problems have been due to early season flights and by the time we go Thomsons have had time to sort out issues with pilots and operational problems.

We will be very interested in how you get on with refunds. Hope you got their commitment in writing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Shimmy Alcott, Shocked Shocked What a miserable start to your holiday! Hope you're high enough that the rain I've been driving in all day is snow - and stays snow all night.
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott, how awful! Sad I hope they do reimburse the cost of your transfer! Things can only get better though Toofy Grin And no more rain after today snowHead Enjoy the rest of your hols
snow conditions
Oh - and has ph got his boots yet and, most importantly, how are his new skis?? Very Happy
snow conditions
pam w, some drizzle but lots of snow. Just turning blue skies now - first time since Sunday Morning Laughing

cathy, Apparently his boots are supposed to be delivered today - so far we've heard nothing though.

He seems very happy on his new skis - I am also happy as they have slowed him down Laughing
latest report
Shimmy Alcott, just read this, what a flippin' nightmare for you Sad Hope you are having a good time and you get your money back.

Weather sounds similar to here in LDA, just seen a blue sky this afternoon first time since Sunday, yesterday it was atrocious driving rain and blowing a gale, lifts closed for a good while, I didn't go out it was that awful.
snow report
Shimmy Alcott, Hope ypu had a great time - Just wondering how the return flight went ??

We are on TOM 2626 next Saturday. snowHead
ski holidays
parallel lines, Looks like it left Manchester on time yesterday but not sure if it went to Chambery or ended up being diverted to elsewhere. Madgeese and myself are also on that flight so would be inetrested if it landed and left Chambery on time.
snow report
As you know we flew into Chambery on Saturday afternoon/evening. No problems at the airport to my knowledge. Sounds like you had a hell of a trip and got a real run around. Bloody budget airlines.
snow conditions
Super Eagle, parallel lines, Left Chambery and it was on time.

Husbands ski boots ended up back with us on the Thursday, via Innsbruck Laughing

Mike-H, Not even a budget airline rolling eyes

Will start the process of reclaiming my extra expense tomorrow.

By the way our total spend on transfers was 1060 Euro, almost as much as the flights.
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott,
Quote:

By the way our total spend on transfers was 1060 Euro, almost as much as the flights.

You could have driven there and back from home and had an overrnight stop in a hotel and still got change from that Toofy Grin
snow report
Shimmy Alcott,
Quote:

You could have driven there and back from home and had an overrnight stop in a hotel and still got change from that Toofy Grin

and taken more food not lost his boots had less stress as well wink
ski holidays
Boredsurfing wrote:
Shimmy Alcott,
Quote:

Not in a Cayenne Laughing
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, so long as Snowjet give us the promised refund then it will have cost us the planned 200 Euro.

Spyderman, did Santa being you a decent car for Christmas?
snow report
Shimmy Alcott, Many thanks for the info. There is forecast of moderate snow for this Friday night. keeping fingers crossed that this doesn't affect ability of the plane to land at Chambery. We have a private taxi transfer booked to meet us so our extra costs could also be considerable if the plane gets diverted. Hope you still managed to enjoy your holiday.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cathy, The new skis where fantastic.
I think I should be ordering body armour for the next skiing holiday. If I come off the new skis at the speed I was going in La Plagne then it is going to hurt. Shocked
snow report
Super Eagle, we had a ball. Luckily we could cover the cost or else it would have been a lot more painful. We were pretty chilled about it all - no point getting het up about it when you can't change it - especially when you have kids along. We have done chambery quite a few times and that is the only time this has happened (though we have been delayed a bit dut to the weather a couple of times). I will still probably book chambery again next time - the short transfer time is so tempting compared to the amount of times we've been inconvenienced. Hope you have a fab time. Love the sig BTW.
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott, Agree with you about the short transfers. We have used Chambery in the past with no problems but always with a T.O. This time we're travelling for the first time independently with friends so its a bit of an unknown for us if anything goes wrong. Just hope the Taxi firm will be flexible enough to sort us out in the event of any delays.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy