Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for information on Oberstdorf, Germany

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am planning a long weekend in January and considering Oberstdorf in Germany. Has anyone been here and can recommend it (or otherwise)?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Check out Bergfex. A search turns up 10 places.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi there. Long time lurker, first time poster but my GF and I just got back from Oberstdorf so I thought I'd give my two cents. Flew into Memmingen from Dublin (I assume your doing the same since I see you're in Wicklow). We took the train from Memmingen (short taxi ride from airport). Cheap, direct (straight into the heart of the village) and only an hour away. Also great scenery along the way. Go to www.bahn.de for details and booking of train. You could also get a ticket at the station.

For accomodation, go to the tourist info website at www.oberstdorf.de There are great B & B plus lift pass deals there. We paid €310 for three days B & B including a threee day lift pass. Thats €155 each. A two course meal for two with food, drink and coffee is roughly €30 for two people and its €3.50 a pint (in Bavaria so the beers fantastic). Aprés Ski takes place in the Hotel Traube (in a tent to the side of it) apparently (we were there at the start of the season so there wasn't a big crowd around) and continues to the Irish Bar.

There are three ski areas, Nebelhorn, Sollereck and Fellhorn (which has access to more slopes on the Austrian side) I have been snowboarding for a few years but my GF had never been on a snow holiday before so we decided to get some ski lessons. Therefore the first day we spent on nursery slopes in Sollereck, but most of the slopes weren't open (due to a lack of snow, its the lowest of the three areas). The second day we went up to the Nebelhorn. Loads of snow here (its about 2300m) but there was only one blue run open. I would expect the rest to be open now, they were working on the pistes while we were there. There's a nice looking red run all the way to the village (past the impressive looking ski jump). They have a good snow cannon set-up, so as long as the temps are right there'll be skiing.

Sorry I can't be more specific on the amount of skiing, but I'd say there's enough to keep you going on a long weekend. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy