Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Water splash ponds....much entertainment.

Poster: A snowHead
I made 4 attempts to ski through a water splash pond thing last week. This was near Les Arcs 1600. Piste Marie Blanc iirc. About 10m long and maybe 0.15m deep.

A large crowd were there cheering and laughing as people crashed in spectacular ways. The chalet spent half and hour laughing at the videos too. I'm going to sort my video clips out tonight.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced these before.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spent several happy hours at the Altiport bar watching mad fools sink in that water splash as the sun sets on the Tarentaise valley Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tomstickland, Claire Blanc wink We had a hilarious time there last week - watching, I'm afraid, not participating Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
0.15m deep? Pah! When I did one of those it was a metre deep! And everyone got dunked eventually as the start got moved lower and lower down the slope.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tomstickland, Not seen it, but look forward to seeing your video clips... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's a bit deeper than 15cm. At least knee deep, and certainly deep enough to be fully submerged if people get it badly wrong Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tomstickland, Did you see the guy trying to do it backwards last week?............So funny, & top marks for perseverance Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It wasn't up to my knees when I was standing in it.
I've had a quick look on youtube and if you search for "les arcs water crash" there are a few videos already there.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tomstickland wrote:
It wasn't up to my knees when I was standing in it.

It's not as deep as usual then, I've seen plenty of people sink up to their knees.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Maybe I have very long legs.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
tomstickland, Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tomstickland, I had a lot of fun watching some nutters having a go with NickL and Addison on Lac Blanc at Val Thorens during the EoSB 2007.

Last photo courtesy of NickL, me and Addison - where is that girl these days??? Long missed Sad
Anyway, we thought about it but chickened out in the end Blush
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Time to bring out my favourite skiing photo

Taken at the Chamonix end of season party splash pool... We didn't dare have a go but enjoyed watching those that did.. Embarassed
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
EoSB last year got very wet - there was a boarder causing great amusement outside the cairn bubble I believe it was trying to cross a relatively minor puddle in comparison to those lac blanc photos. He ended up with wet and I guess relatively well wrecked boots and cold feet, but everyone had a good laugh.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I forgot about this thread until today.

http://youtube.com/v/Q2OcNNdg02c
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/hMiJpXCclsA

Worth it for Plake alone.
latest report
Passed through one in Les Arcs, around 1800 i think, a couple of times last season. I'd say it was a foot deep if not more & at least 15m long probably closer to 20-25. Didn't have any problems but then again i've got relatively fat skis & am able to ski so it should never have been a problem. However i watched a 13 year old kid do it on one ski which was particularly impressive. As was the french ski instructor who put a turn in half way across, drowning the gawkers in the process.
snow conditions
tomstickland, good video...particularly like the slowed-down shouts of your mates as people sink or swim Very Happy

frank4short wrote:

who put a turn in half way across

That's quite a party-piece, I think you'd have to give the guy some respect, even if he had just soaked you!
snow report
tomstickland, Laughing Laughing

judith laughed - sends her love.

Steve.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy