Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Equipment lockers at La Thuile?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There's a few threads about this resort and a few informative websites but I can't find any mention of equipment lockers at the lift base station.

Does anyone know if there are any?

I'm not staying at the Planibel place at the foot of the Les Suches gondola, my hotel is in the old town which Crystal says is a '7 minute walk' (I assume that to mean a 20 minute walk!). Would definitely prefer not to have to do that in ski boots carrying skis.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Evening,
When we went 3 or 4 years back you could hire storage at the base station. It was at the hire shop, down the steps below the base station. We hired eqiuipment so it was included but at the time you could definitely pay to store your own gear. The cafe/bar by the base station is excellent, when we first went it was mainly used by the lift staff but it has been expanded and smartened up and is excellent value. I know it's nice to lunch up the mountain sometimes, but this a good alternative for at least some days.
The old part of la Thuile has lots of charm and is great for a stroll.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No Style, great thanks. That sounds perfect. I know there is a bus, but I'd prefer to walk if I can leave my equipment safely somewhere.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd be surprised if it's much more than 7 minutes to be honest, La Thuile is pretty small.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
queen bodecia, when are you going? A group of 8 of us are there from 4th April, would be nice to hear a recent report!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dav, I'm there from 7th to 14th March so I'll post a review/report on my return for you.

stevomcd, according to google maps it's less than a kilometre but I'd still prefer to walk it in comfy boots not carrying anything. Especially if there's a bar or two en route. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We hired our skis from the shop used by Neilson at the back of Planibel right next door to the bar which I think is called the Avalanche?? and we paid a few Euros for a key to the storage room downstairs in Planibel which was a godsend as our hotel was a 20 minute walk up the village. Your Crystal rep will tell you where to go but it was at the end of the tiny shopping precinct underneath Planibel, through the side door and down some steps. Lockable ski storage and boot cupboards. It was a bit of a bunfight first thing in the morning but better that than walking in ski boots. Good luck. BTW we really enjoyed LaThuile, hope you do too. Little Angel
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Biddy Twiddle, that sounds ideal. Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy