Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

While you Southerners just talk about it....

Poster: A snowHead
we Northerners do it! Yes, a Snowheads meet has taken place in Nottingham. It was only a small one but it's a start! Fruity mentioned that she was coming to Nottingham to see family at Easter so I asked her if she wanted to meet up. We were both quite nervous at first. We thought that the other might be a big, hairy, male pervert so we PMed each other a few time to convince each other we were female (and sane Shocked ). What did we say? Well, I'm not telling (sorry - all big hairy male perverts, no tips for you here Crying or Very sad ) but when we were quite sure we would be safe we exchanged mobile numbers and arranged to meet. Actually, it's quite straighforward with mobiles - "Hello, I've arrived" "I'll be about 5 minutes" "Come in the main entrance and I'm on the left" "I'm about to walk in the door now" "Walk in, look left, I'll stand and wave". Easy!

So was it a success. Well, we were asked to leave the pub at half eleven and were still talking in the car park! So come on you Southerners, get it together and meet up Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mme Brain, the Brainlets and I met Michelle (+1) at a dry slope in Hailsham and then the Pub of course.
She's already pals with Sarah L who Whitenoise and I met out in Tignes along with Guy, K2 and Sarah Armstrong - That was a good session!

Do U think we need a "summer ball"?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
maggi, Nottingham's not Northern! Incidentally, I'll be coming down to Grantham to visit my parents (and go to a wedding in Bradford) at the end of the month, so let me know if there's another scheduled "Northerners" meet.

Flights to East Midlands are great - always cheap as chips, since nobody seems to want to go there (or perhaps it's Glasgow?!)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lol, Nottingham northern?? What's the world coming to.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Never mind how far north it is, I'm insulted - I spend all week near Derby, and no one invited me! Sad

Saying that, I've already met several snowHeads, just not as an official snowHeads meeting.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks like a few of us (6) Southerners might be meeting up in La Rosiere next week. Mind you, I suppose we'll have to ski and talk about it rolling eyes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mark Hunter, you mean you, Masque, D@T, Ice, etc?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wear The Fox Hat, OK a few Southerners and a Septic then.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mark Hunter wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat, OK a few Southerners and a Septic then.

But I'm not a southerner, I hail from somewhere in the middle! Little Angel Looking forward to meeting up this week.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
masopa wrote:
maggi, Nottingham's not Northern!

Pyramus_01 wrote:
lol, Nottingham northern?? What's the world coming to.

Well it is if you live in Brighton!! Wink

Living in Brighton, and working in Nottingham & Middlesborough at the moment i guess i could span all meetings? Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
When I lived in Nottingham for 3 years it felt pretty northern! - takes such a long time to get south!

(As a Scot I think I'm allowed to say this.....?!!!)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Guys! Back from Up North. Believe me, as the token 'northerner' (I have an accent, thats all that matters) in my Heathrow office, Nottm could be in the Highlands and Islands for all they know. Its north of Watford Gap and as such, qualifies as NORTH. Had a great evening gobbing on about ski holidays, men (Foxie, you could have come with us with pleasure!), plus it only turns out the following day, that Maggi and my dear mum used to work together.....so how SMALL is this world?????????

Fx
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fruity, Glad you got back OK. Hope you're enjoying your new car

Hmm - don't mind the world knowing that I once worked with your mum, but you could have pointed out I'm not the same age as her!

masopa, Well it's all relative! Of course Nottm is not northern if you live in Scotland rolling eyes And I'm happy to meet anyone who's coming to Nottm, just let me know when (and on your head be it...) By the way, the East Mid to Glasgow cheap flights are finishing in May. No-one wants to go to Glasgow. I know this as last time I flew to Edinburgh (just before the invention of cheap flights) I was offered £50 cash to be "bumped" onto the Glasgow flight, with a taxi to Edinburgh, instead. Unfortunately, I couldn't get hold of the guy I was meeting so I had to decline Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
maggi, next time there's a crowd, let me know. I'm not far away through the week.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wear The Fox Hat, There'll never be a crowd - that's the whole point! If you're hoping for a crowd, you're looking at a 3 month organisational period, like the South coast crew. What it needs it someone to plan to come to Nottingham, let me know, then we'll invite anyone else who happens to be in the vicinity at the time. I know Spyderjon lives in Nottm, and there were a couple of guys who used to post on SCGB who were from here, (near Wollaton Park), but I don't know if they found their way here under another alias. That's all, I think. Quite a select few.
latest report
Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday nights suit me best.
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat, OK, that's fine by me. I'll start another thread and see if anyone's up for it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy