Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whos Going to Les Arcs this season?

Poster: A snowHead
So i'm doing my first season this year in les arcs and quite frankly i cannot wait!!!!!!!! 3 months left is soul destroying.

So as the title gives away ever so slightly which other snowHead 's are going to Les Arcs this season be it either for a holiday or the season twould be sweet to get to know some snowHead 's otherwise me and the girlfreind are going to be at each others throats within a few weeks Shocked .
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
WesTaylor, Will be out there in 2000 at various poins, where are you staying for the season?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We will venture over to the cold windy icy side of Paradiski on the bluebird days during the season wink Very Happy
(For those of you who don't like cold and wind the new lift in Les Arcs has one of those pull down cover thingies Toofy Grin )
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
WesTaylor, I'm out too, various times, last week in Jan for a 'few weeks' for starters. PM me later on if you want a meet - or see you in the Mont Blanc in Vallandry - arguably, the pest pub in the Alps.... my apartments < 100yds from there Very Happy
Whatever, hope the season goes well, Allan
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Staying in 1800 no idea where abouts as i've not recieved many details about the apartment other than that i'll have the keys to it at some point rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Westaylor - Were staying over in Vallandry, which isn't far from 1800, during the day, easy to hook up for some boarding! Not sure about Apres Ski after the lifts shut but would be good to sort something out,

drop me an email sometime leonbaker13@hotmail.com
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
WesTaylor, Who are you working for. i will be in les Arcs most of the season, based in Arc 1800 some of the time. Pm me if you want to go ride now the snow has arrived.

Dry Boy, There are a few people over in Vallandry. Could meet up over you way sometimes. Apres ski is tough as it is a long hike back to vallandry from Arc 1800. You could ride in the dark but you would need to stay in your gear all evening. PM if you want.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowcrazy, defineately be good to hook up on the slopes, may be even brave the hike back at some point! Whats your PM???

I've got limited experience on the powder although keen to learn some good off piste routes and push it!

My main goal for the season is to hit the park and learn to jump properly, not sure the misses is going to like that one though!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snowcrazy, Oh and well I remember, I am looking to head up to Tignes and Ste Foy at some point to get some sliding in, and possibly 3 valleys ...

How many days do you get on the season pass?? How long do you think it will take to get up to the resorts? I'll have my car overthere!!

and def...going to head up for the X Games Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dry Boy, One 'free' day at both Les Trois Vallées & L'espace Killy, IIRC. Courchevel took me about 45mins last year. It will be much better if you can hook up with people who know the resort. We did Courshevel last season and weren't impressed, but that may have been because we didn't know the area at all.

Getting back from 1800 to Vallandry isn't so bad, you just need to get to the Belvedere, it is a bit of a hike but I've done it a few times...completely on 'autopilot'.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
allanm, One day - Thats rubbish!!! I was hoping to get a few days in Tignes at least!!! Courchevel is an amazing resort, spent a week there a few years back but took a while to find our feet!

Been to Tignes/Val 5 times and LOVE IT as a ski area but the resorts well I preferred the Peisey Vallandry area!

May be i'll have to get people to pay for my lift passes in exchange for lifts to other resorts if they fancy a day elsewhere! 45 minutes is nothing, thats great news!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There is a new service road from vallandry to 1800. I cycled this a couple of times in the summer (both ways). Its also much flatter than the foret so should not be so much of a chore. I think it's for emergency vehicles only, but nothing stopping you walking It.
Its no more than a mile (my not even be that) from start of the new road in vallandry to 1800.

Shame they are not running buses on it.

tux
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
tuxpoo, I biked it as well but it seemed quite a bit more than a mile, but then I was not very fit at the time. Still have a go and then post what it was like for others to know.

Dry Boy, to pm me you have to use my name snowcrazy in the top search thing and then hit the PM link. Can anyone else explain that better?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowcrazy, LOL! yes my bike riding distance may be a bit distorted by my bike legs in the summer ( I was doing 150miles a week prior to going out).
shame I didn't measure it. Still recon it would be easier than walking up foret.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm not working at all and i'm here now untill april. Arrived yesterday ITS COLD!!!!
snow report
Hi WesTaylor, I'm out for a week Jan/Feb staying in rob@rar's apartment in Arc 1800 with my wife, her sister (Iscream) and her brother-in-law Richard E.

Will PM you nearer the time.
ski holidays
Will be our firts time at Les Arcs and can't wait Jan 26 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy