Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Engalnd's longest ski tow to operate tomorrow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
At last this season has delivered good skiable conditions at Yad Moss, one of England’s few remaining outdoor ski tows.

The ski club near Alston in the North Pennines is reporting a general covering of 10cms of powdery snow and skiing conditions are described as good. There are half metre drifts and many of the hollows have filled in.

Access roads permitting the 600m tow will run tomorrow and the runs will be pisted.

The forecast is for light to moderate north easterly winds and further snow showers over night and through tomorrow.

A day ticket is £10. If you're coming up we'd be delighted to see you but please park well off the road to allow snowploughs to pass and please do not bring your dog !.

For up to date information ring the Yad Moss snow line 01228 561634
For details about access and facilities visit the website www.skicarlisle.skiers.co.uk

Just typical then That I carn't escape from the office and that I'll miss out anyway because I'm off to Zermatt at the W/E Sad

If anyone does get up there this week please post some pics.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter S wrote:

Just typical then That I carn't escape from the office and that I'll miss out anyway because I'm off to Zermatt at the W/E Sad

Difficult decision then wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Laughing

It still hurts for me to miss out on local skiing after all those summer work parties. I was even up there on Saturday repairing snow fences and testing the systems etc. It would have been an opportunity to drive our Kassboher. Crying or Very sad

Oh well should be a good weekend for any northern snowheads within range of east Cumbria. snowHead

Just have to put up with the Matterhorn for a week and dream of some proper skiing when I get back wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
More snow moving into the Pennines as we speak, also there should be some more overnight and tomorrow. Not sure how far north it'll get, but I'd be surprised if the Pennines missed out.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy