Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski choice | Narrowed it down to 2

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, the two skis are almost the same money. The Salomon pair is from Salomon's top line of race skis. But I don't know if they are FIS approved. But I'm sure that the Atomics are not FIS approved. The Atomics are from the Race line, not FIS Race. Which one should I go for?

- Atomic Race TI SL
- Salomon Equipe 3V Powerline SL

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why buy either of them unless you intend to race. Skis with this type of design and radius will not always be much fun if you are cruising.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I will be racing (hopefully) in a couple of years. I'm starting training with my new ski team in a month. So, my trainer wants us to have a hardcore race ski.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Black looks cool wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Faux Carnival, Neither of them are hardcore race skis, the only requirements for FIS compliance for slalom skis though are the length and that they are at least 63mm wide.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah, I know. I can't afford the real hardcore FIS skis. If I could, I'd definitely go for the Atomic SL D2's. For these two, what are your thoughts?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The atomic look better Blush thats what I'd go for ha.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Faux Carnival, What lengths are they available in and how old are you ? They are likely to be very similar as Salomon and Atomic are now one company, the real race skis are identical apart from the colour.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm 20, I've been skiing for 11-12 years but new to racing stuff. I'm 178 lbs. and both skis are available in 165 cm. If I buy the Salomon pair, I will have bought the very top line of Salomon. I'm not sure if they are FIS approved or not.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Faux Carnival, The Salomon ones are not their top ski, they sell a LAB SL which is identical to the Atomic D2 SL. As long as the skis are 165cm they will be FIS approved.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Faux Carnival, why worry about FIS approval for club racing?

My own personal choice would be to grab that Atomic and put whatever binding I want on it instead of being stuck with Z12s, but that's just me.

"Top of the line" is totally meaningless here: racing is about results, not gear purchases.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Faux Carnival, Either ski will be fine for slalom racing and as long as it is 165cm length will carry you through if you do go to FIS races. However, the only FIS compliant length is the 170cm. The only restrictions other than length and width are height of plate and boot, which should be no problem.
Either will be hardcore enough for your team training and you could always try to pick up a second hand FIS-approved pair. They come up quite often and someone in the club will probably always be selling a pair.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thank you a lot. You've been very helpful. I think I'll go with the Atomic Race Ti. Smile

If I can't afford the Ti, Race ST is my other option. What do you think about that one? Is it any good?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Faux Carnival, Same skis made in the same factory! Only diffrence is the binding and the pretty colours so either or will do fine for ya.

beequin, Incredible skis for the snow get them a little longer and they will do anything for you
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Faux Carnival, hmmm, if you are intending to race, and race seriously, but do not have FIS requirements now, save heaps of money and buy something from last year's or the year's before range. Buy what was then FIS compliant from any manufacturer, save about 50% of what you are about to spend and get a better ski into the bargain.
latest report
What length you looking for? I have a pair of salomon race dep (this seasons) 3v in a 165 that I can do for £600...this RRP's well over £700

Its a proper serious bit of kit and puts the other 2 that u mentioned to shame!
ski holidays
If you do look at s/h try skizog or podiumski. http://www.podiumski.com/Pod%20equip%20page.htm
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy