Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tryvann winterpark Oslo

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I'm heading off to Oslo next week for 2 days skiing, and just wondered if anyone had been to Tryvann winterpark as I need a few tips!

We are two complete beginners, and one not much better - so just wondering if should spend the first afternoon on the Tommkleiva beginners slopes - apparently 3 slopes of 150m each? Would that be enough to keep us going for the first few hours? Is also quite a lot cheaper than the main resort.

Also, would we be advised to tackle the main resort on the next day, or would it be too difficult for us?

We might have to manage without lessons, as they want over £100 for 50 mins to teach 3 people!

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
munchimo,

We went to Tryvann 2 years ago and there is a small beginners area with its own lift so you should be ok there as new skiers.

Then there are a couple of nice gentle slopes to progress to.

Even though you think the lesson is a bit expensive (as a former ski instructor) I'd recommend you go for it. £30odd each is not bad and if there are only 3 of you in the lesson it will be as good as a private lesson and you could get a lot done in the time available.

IMO it will definitely be money well spent - otherwise you could end up struggling on your own.

After 50 minutes with an instructor you should be in a position to practice on your own after the lesson and (in the grand scheme of things) a lesson would be a very good investment.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thought I would give a quick report. Had a great trip - although I can confirm that Oslo is expensive! Loads of snow, and days were nice and sunny. The beginners area was more than enough for us, and good value at £18 for a day pass.
Obviously limited ground to cover, but I think worth bearing in mind for a short break. It's close to Oslo centre, and skiing is floodlit until 10 at night during the week - so you can cram as much in as possible! Was about -20 when we were there, so quite cold!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy