Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggest an Italian Resort

Poster: A snowHead
Having already been to Austria skiing last weekend, and with a weekend trip booked with the lads to Morzine in January I'm thinking of trying Italy for a change when my Girlfriend and I head away in February/March time.

I've not been to Italy at all skiing, so hoping for some suggestions. I'm a very intermediate skier (do a few blacks, but mostly on reds), while my Girlfriend is more of a beginner and enjoyes greens and cruisy blues. So somewhere with a wide range of runs would be ideal. We'd like some nightlife too if possible, rather than somewhere quiet. Nearish to an airport would be good too? Smile

Thanks in advance...

Ben
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds like Sauze d'Oulx to me.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would recommend courmayeur.. good intermediate skiing, nice mountain restaurants, some nice tree lined runs, town has charm and nightlife. Only drawback is having to get a cable car across the valley in the morning.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
ben_leeds,
Madonna di Campiglio
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i would say selva gardena. great scenery, excellent food, extensive piste network and not many black runs
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ben_leeds, how about Cervinia? Quite big, lots of cruising runs, mostly quite ski convenient accomm, about 2hrs from Turin, the possib of skiing over into Switzerland (Zermatt), views of the Matterhorn.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the suggestions! Will get researching.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would suggest somewhere in the Dolomites - if you liked Austria should be right up your street!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I loved Sauze......Went there about 5/6 years ago with a mixed level bunch and we all had a blast
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ben Dover,
Sauze has a supposedly bit 'iffy' snow record/reliability ( or at least thats what I have read)
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Selva
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ben_leeds, Corvara/San Cassiano
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I too would go for Cervinia, however whilst there is plenty of nightlife, it can be quiet in the low season
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
horizon wrote:
i would say selva gardena. great scenery, excellent food, extensive piste network and not many black runs

No don't. I've recommended Selva so many times. The place is likely to be chocker with Brits quite soon. So, in actual fact, Selva is really quite crappy, very expensive and hopelessly snow unsure. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arabba is rubbish as well, dont go there
snow conditions
Mollerski, Never been to a bigger sh*t hole!

Seriously though ben_leeds, Sauze would definately tick all your boxes. Have fun wherever you decide!
ski holidays
Roy Hockley wrote:
Mollerski, Never been to a bigger sh*t hole!

Seriously though ben_leeds, Sauze would definately tick all your boxes. Have fun wherever you decide!

Sauze would be perfect, superb, fantastic, probably the best place in the World. Very Happy
ski holidays
Mollerski, Phew Very Happy . Nearly got another convert! Puzzled
ski holidays
Mitchell, Sauze's snow record isn't just supposedly iffy - it's notoriously iffy!
ski holidays
Anywhere on the Sella Ronda I guess.............Arabba probably not too good for the girlfriend Ben, but Corvara better. All linked anyway and beautiful scenery. I'm off for a 4 day trip to Madesimo in mid January......I guess you could consider that too?
ski holidays
Sauze does indeed have an iffy snow record. It also has a bunch of clowns in charge of the lift system, and even with full snow cover they shut half of them to save the electricity and so they can employ fewer lifties.
ski holidays
I have been numerous times to Sauze. We only ever had one bad snow year. Never experienced the miss managment of the lift system and found it as good as most places, as in never queued for long at any time I was there! I have however always had a good holiday, and especially when going with a newbie the holiday as a whole is important, nightlife, food, drink, dancing etc has to be taken into account! It also ticks the OP's box's, tame skiing, good nightlife, reasonable prices and near airport!
latest report
Selva or Ortesi
ski holidays
skibandit, michaelhall58, paulio, kendub, Shut up!!!!! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Better to point a fellow Snowhead in the right direction than have them take a wrong turn wink
ski holidays
Kronplatz! Modern lifts and linked into the superski area if you want high mileage.
latest report
michaelhall58, A great area and a must fot the OP after another one or two trips for his Mrs. I love the place and have promoted it to anyone that wants to know but for the OP I think Sauze ticks his box's. Transfer times would be a lot longer than Sauze from Turin!
snow report
Courmayeur is a good red /blue resort, but the queues for the cable car in the morning can be a bit of a pain
Suggest Bardonecchia good blue/red resort used for the snowboarding in the Turin olympics. La Betulla is a good 2 star hotel right in centre
Eurostar/TGV have a deal of £119 from London St Pancras return, or try Neilson for a package.
Passo Tonale has ok skiing, but it is the bleakest place I have ever skied, didnt thaw out for about a week after coming home.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I know the transfer is on the long side which the OP wanted to avoid, but Livigno offers exactly the range of skiing looked for and has some great nightlife if you want it. The tax free status has advantages too Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Definately Corvara, or somewhere in the Alta Badia region - great lazy blues, nice laid back skiing - wide ski area - something for everyone! Enjoy.
snow conditions
ben_leeds, I've worked a couple years in Italy, skied there for 20 years, so know what most people are talking about.

Via Lattea.Sauze has a questionable snow record, but if it's good - it's very, very good. The lifts are a bit antiquated on the Sauze side but better as you go towards Sansicario/Clavierer. Unless you're in a hotel opposite the lifts, be prepared for an uphill jaunt every moning . Sestrierre is better for skiing but has less life. Claviere is not an option unles you want no nightlife

Val D' aosta. Cervinia? Snow-sure. Compact villge with no real problems of acess to lifts. Cruisey blues and reds. Can be windy, to the extent that they close the upper lifts. OK Nightlife. La Thuile. Skiing is minly blues and reds until you want to go home then it's glorious blacks. Good if you're not bothered with aprez. Courmayeur, problems at the base with cueing for the cable car.

Dolomites. great for intermediates. Canazei, Arraba (a bit more challenging) Corvara, Selva all reccommended.

Anymore specific questions? I'll try to answer.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy