Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Private / independant tuition in Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I looked through on forum search for private instruction in Les Arcs but it only seemed to return private lessons run by the local ski schools.
So question is, any recommendations for private independant instructors?
Actually staying at Plan Peisey so there or Vallandry based instructor would be ideal but as long as they are good it isnt a problem.

Much appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ianbradders, why don't you want to have a private lesson with an instructor from a ski school? John Thomas from New Generation (operates out of Vallandry) is very good. Alternatively send a PM to snowcrazy who might well know some of the independents who operate in the area.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar wrote:
John Thomas from New Generation

I've heard he's a bit of a d*ck. Madeye-Smiley

Coat on. wink Toofy Grin

Edit: I bet he's not heard that before. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
geepee wrote:
Edit: I bet he's not heard that before. Toofy Grin

No, I guess he hasn't rolling eyes Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, oh it certainly isnt that i dont want to go with a school instructor, i should have said it is for half term time. Have tried Newgen but such qualty is well booked up.
So i thought an independant might have more chance of some spare hours as they are probably more flexible and obviously want to maximise their income.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ianbradders, I see. Sorry, can't help as I don't know any independents working in Les Arcs.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, thanks for taking the time, appreciated.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ianbradders, of course if you follow your own logic 2 posts above then any quality independent instructors are also likely to be fully booked for half term...!!
You could try looking up Rob Hutchison - fully qualified, used to work for New Gen, independent for a couple of years now. rob.hutchison at orange dot fr
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
offpisteskiing, thanks i will drop Rob an email.
Initially i was commending Newgen as the feedback on SH's is so positive for them, especially John.
With regards to quality independants also being booked up, i was thinking that ski schools with websites are quick to book up. However with all the collective information and experience of Snowheads i might get some useful reccomendations. Thanks to you it seems i was right. wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ianbradders,

Pop onto the Les Arcs thread and ask snowcrazy or PM him, he seems to know anyone and everyone. Cool

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1432319#1432319
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy