Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zell am See (SQUEAL!!)

Poster: A snowHead
Just booked 9 days in Zell for New Year's (30 Dec) Half board for £540. Crazy Daisy here we come!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Crazy Daisy's and tequila = bad memories.

By the way, whilst waiting for our taxi connection en route to Saalbach this year my husband lost his wedding ring outside Crazy Daisy's so if you find it then let me know!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Crazy Daisy - almost brings back memories . Went to Zell on a school trip as a 6th former (many years ago) and went there a few times, but being a typical 18yo it's a hazy experience Smile Fun though!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's a great price Eeyore, our 7 days over Xmas in Hinterglemm is £800 each half board.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dr Che, I also went there with school as a sixth former twice - hence I was young and dumb enough to drink Tequila!

I went in 1992 and 1993 - not the same years as you by any chance?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hayley t, I think I went one of those two years. Also went in 2001 (had a room above the Daisy that second time. Didn't sleep much).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm suprised you slept at all Skanky!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hayley t, my time there was a few years before - '87. Tequila may have been involved then as well...everything else seemd to be!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hayley t, it does close at some point. The big problem was that I was ill one day and thought I'd get a bit of preparatory sleep in at 5pm. Except that night's band chose then to do their sound check.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alas whilst you lot were all out raving I was enjoying the wonders of the wendy house at Infant School! Sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Skanky - and you still go back for more - gluten for punishment you are!

Just out of interest we stayed in a Pension on the edge of the lake as you leave town to go to Saalbach and Kaprun - big yellow place. Food was awful but when I passed there this year for the first time in all those years it brought back good memories.

Thanks Nade, now I feel old!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hayley t, that was the second time. I was quite happy to go back after the successes I had the first time. snowHead Blush

I think that might be where I stayed, too. It was near the lake and on the road to Saalbach...but I don't remember the food being bad (it might have been to do with the school trip - catering for large parties).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hayley t, dont worry- im always told off for saying people are old as soon as theyre over 25, im sure your not that old x Razz
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That also sounds similar to where we stayed. Most of the group were in the main block but a few of us were in seperate buildings with balconies overlooking the lake. Unwinding after a days skiing, away from the main party with a beer as we sat on the balcony - bliss!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That's the place Dr Che, there were 2 separate buildings I think and it was a lovely setting. It was the end of March when we went which meant only skiing to mid station but at the top I remember being waist deep in powder - but not knowing what to do or how to make the most of it. I still don't. (Note to self - learn to powder ski).

Skanky, we were probably fed the end of season dregs!

Nadenoodle - a mere 28 years young Wink
ski holidays
hayley t, just to check, was it run by an Austrian man with a big 'tache and lederhosen (no, really, I know that sounds like a stereotype, but the bloke who ran the place where we stayed really *was* like that).
snow conditions
hayley t, we went slightly earlier in the season - probably February half-term. It was my first skiing trip and to be honest I don't really remember too much of the resort and the skiing condidtions - I was just trying to stay upright most of the time. Once it clicked though I remember that we did a long day skiing on the final day after my group was reduced to 2 with people not being that interested ( Puzzled ) - and that was enough to hook me. Admittedly it took another 12 years before I went skiing on anything bar a dry slope again, but...
latest report
skanky, I will have to check my photos and get back to you.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy