Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do I take a board?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thought I'd ask in an unbiased part of the forum wink

I'm away for an extended trip just after Xmas and will already be taking skis & tele skis. Question is do I take my board or accept that I'm just not that stoked on it anymore.

Motivational stoke welcome. Reality is board would only be coming out on some pow days and when my legs genuinely are knacked.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob, where are you going?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob, Yep, makes a nice change now and again. You never know, you might find the love again wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fatbob, no, just take your boots and hire a board if you fancy a bit of pow surfing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
if you need to ask if you need to take a board then you don't need to take a board.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you're only going to bring out a board when your legs are tired, you probably won't love it that much.

Much as I'd love to be all jolly hockey sticks about it, I'm afraid Jonny Stab Plums is right Confused
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On the pro side -rental bindings are crap so it would be boots and bindings if I wanted to do any boarding. Think I might suck it up. Not so worried about boarding when legs knackered - different muscle groups n all that.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good point re: muscle groups - hadn't thought about that cos skiing terrifies me - the sensation of "I could do the splits at any moment" isn't fun and the corresponding "I could be snowboarding" sensation would be even even worse (haven't skied since I started boarding).

On a more serious note, I'm not sure, but I think that in many places renting just a board will be just about as expensive as a full setup. In the end, no matter if you're riding two planks or one, I hope you have fun this winter. Where are you headed? Anywhere you're likely to get a powder day?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shallimus, yeah but rental bindings have a habit of falling apart at any given moment, I know of it happens 3 times in two weeks boarding with a group of mates. Since them some have bought all the kit and some just boots and bindings. That sadi if they have poo bindings then they'll probably have poo boards too, if you find a specific board shop* you'll be ok but otherwise its not good.

*E.g. Attelier du Snowboard in L2A, those guys know their stuff as do Black Cats in Tignes Val Claret.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Swirly, I have had hire bindings fall apart on the slopes for me on two occassions, so I suppose I would also take my own bindings in the future even for a day or two of sliding
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
for this season I have standard rental bindings from ride and atomic for the normal boards then raiden, cartel/lexa EST and salomon spx45 for premium rentals. I think this is good and as far as I can see no one else does it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy