Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm new here and have found all of the advice I've read so far very helpful. I should be skiing on the 13th of Dec and hopefully again on the 3rd of January. I now call on the collective snow heads mind to give me some advice on rental. I have seen various websites offering xy% off if I book with them.

Is it cheaper to book in advance?

Can you haggle significantly in the shops?

If you can find the guvna' of the shop do they do discounts for cash? I won't tell the french taxman. Very Happy

Thanks Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sean1967 wrote:
I'm new here and have found all of the advice I've read so far very helpful. I should be skiing on the 13th of Dec and hopefully again on the 3rd of January. I now call on the collective snow heads mind to give me some advice on rental. I have seen various websites offering xy% off if I book with them.

Is it cheaper to book in advance?

Welcome to snowHead

A number of Snowheads swear by this but you might end up with a shop at the other end of resort from where you are staying which can be a PITA. Or alternatively it's the shop with the line 5 times round the block (unlikely on the dates you are going but..) or the less good stock/not the exact ski you want to ski. For me the saving of 20-30 euro doesn't outweigh these disadvantages. I prefer not to prebook and keep my flexibility.

sean1967 wrote:

Can you haggle significantly in the shops?

Never really found that you can unless 10 of you turn up at the same time. If you travel with a Tour Operator and go to their tame shop you should 'get a good deal' but that might not really be any better than other deals you can get elsewhere

sean1967 wrote:

If you can find the guvna' of the shop do they do discounts for cash? I won't tell the french taxman.

Not found that to be the case...I've found the odd ski tech doing wax/edge not on the books but generally only to personally known seasonaires and they're usually the monkey not the organ grinder..
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheers bertie
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Best advance booking deal I have found this year is Ski Republic which has two for one. However I have seen mixed reports on the quality of their gear. The savings are so big though that I've decided to chance it. Their web site says that the two for one applies to walk-up business as well so if you aren't going at the very busiest times you could wait till you can go in and see for yourself.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bogusman wrote:
Best advance booking deal I have found this year is Ski Republic which has two for one. However I have seen mixed reports on the quality of their gear. The savings are so big though that I've decided to chance it. Their web site says that the two for one applies to walk-up business as well so if you aren't going at the very busiest times you could wait till you can go in and see for yourself.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=57718
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oo er. Didn't see that before I booked! Never mind. Worst case is I get there, find the store closed, get my gear somewhere else and get a refund from the credit card. Bit of a hassle but some aspects of modern commerce are quite wonderful. Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sean1967, I've seen a few affiliate-style links to rental web sites that claim to offer a discount. However, if you start a different browser and go direct, you get the same price regardless. So, AFAICT it's a fake discount to entice you in.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
try www.snowrental.net

used them a couple of times with no problems

Ive also gone direct via sport2000 shops and have had good service from them
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy