Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard case with a hard shell

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone own one of these? I'll be flying with Air Canada and they now seem to mandate rigid/hard shell cases for most sporting equipment, including snowboards.

I'll need to get one by the end of Feb. I'm in Canada, but thoughts on any products/brands/prices/general logistical info would be much appreciated. Anyone? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shallimus,

The only one I'ever seen (on the net, not in the flesh) is this one:

http://www.skiequipmentuk.com/cgi-bin/trolleyed_public.cgi?action=showprod_31BRD

No idea whether it si any good...(but what a lump!)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Shallimus, that is bit of a pain Shocked
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is that new this year? Flew Air Canada last year to Calgary no problems at all with a standard soft boardbag.
Hardcase board bags (boardbox?) are rarer than rocking horse poop.

...ah... taken from the AirCanada website

"If otherwise packaged, items will only be accepted on board if the passenger signs a limited release form at check-in, releasing Air Canada of all liability."
link
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FWIW
I have one of these cases for skis - it takes two pairs and works well
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the point about the waiver, Richard Sideways. I had missed that bit on the page.

I'm actually starting to come round to the idea of a hard case though. Seems that a Sportube can be had for $150 or less and should last indefinitely. Also as we all know baggage handlers aren't always known for their gentle touch, and I would be very miffed if my board got damaged when I wasn't even riding it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Also as we all know baggage handlers aren't always known for their gentle touch, and I would be very miffed if my board got damaged when I wasn't even riding it.

I'd love it if it meant I could get them to replace it. Sadly with the number of holes I put in my board it's probably only worth 50p.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This might interest:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260506204678
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The problem i have with them is that they weigh so much, 6 to 7 kg empty. As the weight limit on AirCan for example is 23kg, thats a quarter of your allowance on luggage, if you're over 23kg then they'll sting you for another C$75.

Think i'll stick to a soft bag and bind up the edges with foam pipe insulation.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hmm, good point re: weight. I see now that the Series 3 (which I'd need) weighs 6.35kg empty.

I've been stung before, although not by Air Canada, and it really leaves a sour taste in the mouth (and an empty space in the wallet). I was starting to think it would be easier and cheaper to just drive, but it's rather a long way:
Driving directions to Fernie, BC
3,485 km – about 1 day 15 hours

although I do plan to drive (or maybe bike?) across Canada one day.

Maybe it's back to the soft bag with board wrapped in towels/hoodies and bindings in the suitcase... Puzzled
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks altis. The shipping to Canada would be a bit of a killer though, so it'd be cheaper to just get a new one here Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy