Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's only early November!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Calm down people. It is very early & what's falling in the alps at the moment is no guarantee of the quality of the season to come. There is as much of a chance that what's there now will melt as much as it might stay. So calm down, go about your way.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
frank4short, shan't

Every time I see snow on the webcam I shall run around like an excited child
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boris, same! snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Every time I see snow on the webcam I shall run around like an excited child

I shall too, even though much of it will be gone in a week.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ditto
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
frank4short, How dare you some people on here only have that slight hope of a week of perfect powder once a year otherwise they would have to take up somthing dull like Cricket or hockey
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Booo, screw you and your negative thoughts. Ullar will definably withhold snow if Boris, Sherlock, Pam, Sitter and I do not dance around for him. I suggest you start dancing too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yeah, frank4short, dance boyo! dance for ullar!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
and while your all at it buy the t shirt http://www.zazzle.co.uk/t_shirt_featuring_ullr_norse_god_of_skiers-235397607446775327
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don't forget to F5 snow-forecast.com every 6 hrs as well!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boris, sherlock235, pam w, Sitter, I shall too!!!

I did this morning when I saw the webcam for Sestriere!

http://www.meteo-system.com/stazioni/sestriere/webcam.php

On friday, there was hardly anything there!

snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm dancing also! And judging by the webcams for Tignes (which is where we're going the week before Christmas, so I'm doing the specific EK dance) it seems to be working Very Happy snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
frank4short, how very wise and sensible rolling eyes

We know how it goes, but this is snowHeads afterall Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
frank4short, Stop tinkin dem negative forts. Tink positive and it will happen Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
What a kill joy! rolling eyes
ski holidays
Ullar, Ullar, Ullar!!!! snowHead
latest report
Whatever next???

Dont tell me santa claus is not real........bah humbug!
snow conditions
frank4short..... tripe!!

It affects me alot... !! I went out last weekend, will be going out this weekend and can go out to a couple of other places that are open every day (should I so choose)!
So I like to keep my ear to the ground as to what is happenig with the snow!!
latest report
flangesax wrote:
frank4short..... tripe!!

It affects me alot... !! I went out last weekend, will be going out this weekend and can go out to a couple of other places that are open every day

I will concede this however you are one of maybe a dozen to fifteen people here that live in resort that this actually matters too.

I'd also like to state for the record that i'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade. Though i'm just stating that every time i see a post about someone doing a small tour & getting early turns in a dozen people pop up saying that this is amazing start to the season, etc. I'm just trying to be slightly more realistic about it & say that look it could be a good omen but let's not get carried away as it's far too early yet for anything to be even close to guaranteed.
latest report
I'll take anything that puts opening closer and the current storms have us skiing this Friday. Crystal, and Mt. Baker opening this week and Mt. Hood and Timberline are doing limited opening, go Ullr.
ski holidays
Expecting the zero iso at 2500 this coming weekend so a lot of the snow will melt at lower altitudes, bummer,still ma and pa are over so no skiing for me anyway.
snow conditions
snow-forecast is reckoning on an iso 0 of over 3000 at the beginning of next week. Oh well I'm sure it'll snow again before the start of the season proper
ski holidays
frank4short,
Quote:

Calm down people.

No we are too exited. I had a look at all the web cams.

They all had snow except for La Plagne.

Where are we going on holiday to in January blooming La Plagne. Very Happy

F**k Toofy Grin
ski holidays
ph, by then, it'll be a completely different picture anyway. Looks like there'll be big melting over the next week or so.
snow conditions
in avoriaz its +15c on sunday, oh dear!
ski holidays
Val Thorens website has announced early opening of the ski area. Next Saturday 14 November through until the 9 May 2010.

They are reporting 55cm of snow in resort and 85cm higher up.

More at: http://www.valthorens.com/winter-en/live/news-and-agenda/val-thorens-is-opening.62.a294.html
snow conditions
OMG I wish I could get out there - just got to wait till the 19th Dec before I can ski the 3V
Laughing
snow report
frank4short wrote:
Calm down people. It is very early.

You are Michael Winner and I claim my £5 Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
frank4short wrote:
Calm down people. It is very early & what's falling in the alps at the moment is no guarantee of the quality of the season to come. There is as much of a chance that what's there now will melt as much as it might stay. So calm down, go about your way.

Worthy of a bump up given the recent temps...

Now how about a forecast for the lottery numbers frank4short???
ski holidays
frank4short = the Jonah of snowheads
Mad

wink
ski holidays
Still pretty warm out there!!

Unless it chills down big style soon gonna be some sparse resorts on opening day.

However, still time yet so fingers crossed.
snowHead
latest report
Skiing is on in the PNW and I'll have my legs under me by Dec. more lift served skiing today.

Baker has already had a fatality due to snow, condolences to the family.
latest report
It's Nov and it's PUKING as we say here skiing kneed to mid thigh all week in the Banff area amazing
snow conditions
frank4short, this is snowHeads, we all get excited by snow! Snow does not melt, FACT Happy
latest report
woa, Woa, WOA! Why am i getting blamed here. All i was doing was pointing out the obvious. The reality of the situation whether you people are prepared to acknowledge it or not is that early season snow rarely makes a difference to the quality of the season. So unless you've booked a week in early december i wouldn't stress too much about it. Whether resorts open early or on time really only affects the locals. We are going to have a good season but there's no point in getting excited too early as you'll only end up dissapointed when the wind shifts.

Now come mid dec i'll be watching the snow forecasts religiously however until then i won't be holding my breadth.
latest report
frank4short,
Quote:

until then i won't be holding my breadth.

Pre season fitness campaign going well then?
latest report
T Bar, Laughing
snow conditions
Quote:

We are going to have a good season

I thought you were warning people not to make wild guesses. wink
ski holidays
The snow is returning down to 1700 on the 28th. Snow-forecast doesn't go past then but I can safely assure you that it will continue solidly dumping till the 15th of december by which time we will have a deeper base than whistler. 2.5m base in mid november? pah, thats nothing, we'll easily exceed it by january
snow report
rambotion, wheres this prediction for pal??
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy