Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach or Solden

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there

Just wanted to get thoughts on either of these resorts for a late march trip either 13th or 20th March.

We've found a fantastic deal to Saalbach but we are worried about the reliability of snow cover in Saalbach at the end of March and searching past threads on here I get the impression that Saalbach starts to wind down abit at the end of March, so we've pulled Solden into the equation too!

We are a group of good standard skiers and boarders, will ski first lift to last lift each day but we also like a good atmosphere and abit of nightlife too.

Any thoughts or advice? Cheers for now.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Will, I've replied to your PM. Have you seen the thread 'Hinterglemm/Saalbach?' initiated by Pallen - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1340414&highlight=saalbach#1340414
It seems to cover the same ground that you're enquiring about.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Solden was rubbish IMO, I would never go back. You can search my review - but it may be what you are looking for. Loads on here love it !
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the Info Tatman.

Libertine, Interesting thread, I don't think Solden is the resort we are looking for! Skiing is always the priority for us but it's also nice to stay in a resort with abit of atmosphere.

As a group we are off to Steamboat for 2 weeks at the end of January/early February but being greedy we want to get a late march trip in. We fancy a change from France so Austria has been suggested as we've enjoyed Obertauern, Kitzbuhel and St Anton in the past. We are just looking for somewhere that is relatively snow sure for the suggested period in March as we head towards spring time.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Will77, have you thought about Ischgl? Not a cheap resort, but likely to have very good snow at that time, huge area and very undiscovered by British I think. I was skiing there second week of Easter last year and it was superb, loved it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
beanie1, Ischgl was initially where we were going to go, I've heard nothing but good things about the resort and both my brother and sister have enjoyed numerous times there. However one of my friends that has decided to come on the trip is getting married in May. So we are trying to keep the costs down so that he can afford to ski this year as well as get married..........unfortunately that rules Ischgl out for the time being!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Will77, ok fair enough! Just suggested it as you mentioned you liked Kitzbuhel and St Anton, but you're obviously wanting somewhere cheaper than them this year!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Take a look at www.simplysaalbach.com it's got loads of info about the resort. I've been to Solden and it was great skiing but there was something lacking in the atmosphere. It depends what you want, solid skiing and nothing else - go to Solden, for the whole Austrian Apres ski and entertainment, go to Saalbach!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am go ski in Saalbach in middle of January month. Is good place? I interest to read informations about this place.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy