Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Female boader looking to join group 26th Dec - 2nd / 3rd Jan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone, new to this site, just joined - looking to join a group of people ideally, for a week's boarding. I'm 36, female, been about a dozen times, + social!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Did you find anywhere yet?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi

Found a couple of options in Portes De Soleil, one in Les Gets, the other Morzine. Flights ££££ currently. Undecided currently..
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

Try flying to grenoble (lyon) 26th dec to 2nd jan with ryanair and getting the bus to Les arcs / preisly (the spelling's probably wrong) . Only booked mine 2 weeks ago with some advice from here and got the flights for 200e return, transfers 110e return, 160e for accommodation and 210 for a full 6 day lift pass. 680euro all in for new years, I was totally chuffed to book it so cheap Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Gav

Thanks for your message, that's an amazing price and good travel option. How long does the bus take out of interest, and where are you staying that is so cheap?!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry new to the site, but after many years of driving in a convoy in cheap bed and roof type accomodation. I am amazed at the how many people I know think a ski trip costs £1000.
This year is the first year I am considering just over £500 for everything (transport, accomo, food, booze, lift pass, I have my own skis + boots). In addition the driving option is faster and cheaper.

Other posts have mention the bus option works, but will leave you with a lot of standing around and possibly walking.

Try reading up on this forum about renting a car for the week with people flying to the same resort. with 4-5 people to get to the resort and back it is a very cheap method.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Wasabi,

Bus transfers are quoted as 3 to 4 hours but just over 2 if you drive, google earth shows it at 113 miles, I'm in two minds as to if I should rent a car or try find someone to share with as I'm traveling solo. The place I'm staying is http://www.chaletarc.co.uk/ (not too many reviews online but any I did get said the place was great.) Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi andy_genge,

The cheap option is the way to go Very Happy I have another week booked late feb thats costing me 300e, If your looking for cheap and good try poland. Fly to Krakow and get a 2/3 hours ( 1.5 hours driving) bus ride to zakopane. Have a look at zakopane life. I think luxury is nice but theres great fun to be had when things are kept on the cheap.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Andy & Gav - thanks so much for your messages, great feedback and ideas. I guess I am going, or planning to go, in the most expensive week of the season so I have to accept this or delay the trip. Fits in around work tho.... Gav - great value at Chaletarc, couldn't believe it - beats Hotel Rhodos in Morzine where I've stayed before at 30 euro a night. I guess for me, also a 36 year old girl, is that I'd ideally like to join a group where I am staying, of boarders, or at least a group with boarders in it, so I'm not completely billy no mates. Perhaps I'll put up a posting and see if anyone is driving and see who is around, that's a great tip. I ve not looked into the coach from the UK but it sounds a huge ball ache - have either of you ever done it?

Gav - I like the idea of Poland, never been, the site is good cheers - perhaps I can fit this in for Easter, funds permitting. Already, thankfully, paid up for a trip to St Anton in March. Just want to do as much as possible this season as due to various circumstances only got 2 days in last season which was rubbish
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Wasabi,

We (boarders) are off to la Plagne on 26th on the Eurosar (cost £163 when booked) not sure what the availability or price is now, but it was a great change last year instead of the normal flying, get on the train, relax and wake up in the Alps, just a taxi to the resort Very Happy. La Plagne and Les Arcs are great and a huge area to explore also, although accomodation i guess is going to be a premium that particular week. I booked the accomodation with snowhounds and not sure what is available now, however if you make it to La plagne feel free to join us boarding.
Marty
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Marty

Thanks, eurostar was coming in more than the flights, that's a great offer to join you and very much appreciated Smile - I'll let you know. I ve bitten the bullet and booked a flight now at least and whilst indirect, it's at least at good times to make the most of the last day boarding and from heathrow near where I live
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy