Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski/snowboard store in Chicago?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm travelling to Chicago next week for a work conference. I'll have a bit of spare time so I was thinking about taking advantage of the good exchange rate and buying a new snowboard to take home with me.

Does anyone know of any good ski/snowboard stores in Chicago?
I'll be staying in the Hyatt Regency Hotel on East Wacker Drive.

Cheers Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't remember any ski/board shops in Chicago. There was lots of singing and dancing, and a prison IIRC.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What about here? Expensive?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hd, there are a few big sports stores which have ski/board departments/floors. Bought quite a few good bits in the TJMaxx store in town, but thats just like using TKMaxx at home, it's pot luck.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers midgetbiker. Does TJMaxx in Chicago sell snowboards? Can you recommend any of the other sports stores that do?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hd, I'd check out the forums at tetongravity.com (tip: search them before you post)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The biggest and most well known ski/snowboard shop in Chicago is Viking Ski Shop www.vikingskishop.com. I've bought skis for my wife from Viking about 10 years ago and had a few friends buy ski boots from them about 3 years ago. The ski portion has good service. I can't speak for the snowboard part of the shop. TJMaxx in the US doesn't sell snowboards. You'll probably need to rent a car or take a taxi to get to Viking as it's not close to public transportation. A cab ride from where you're staying will probably be around $20 US. Enjoy your stay in Chicago.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Prosper thanks for the info. I see they are not far from Logan Square metro station on the blue line to O'Hare. I might pay them a visit on my way back to the airport on Wednesday.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It looks like it's just over a half mile from the El station to Viking. If the weather's nice it'll be an easy walk. Make sure you check their hours of operation as they're not open until 11am on most days. I hope you find something that suits your fancy.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy